Chapter 07 - The Cloudy Sky

The cloudy sky lingers longer than the storm itself, glooming over the sky, enveloping the world in a dark veil.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Taeyong woke up the next morning to seven pair of eyes staring at him in disbelief. Jaehyun apparently sent the great news to the members before he fell asleep. The said man was sleeping soundly, arms cradling his head in the same position as he was the night before, beside Taeyong's head. There was still the trail of dried tears on his cheek, but he was smiling.

"Lovely morning, yeah?" Taeyong asked, his voice came out raspy and hoarse, the air scratching his dry throat painfully, but the seven men beamed up immediately upon hearing his voice, jolting awake the sleeping Jaehyun. They were so happy that a nurse had to come inside and remind them not to be so loud. Taeyong, ever-the-leader, apologized on behalf of his kids even when he was the one laying on the hospital bed.

It's uncomfortable to talk to the boys while lying down, so he asked his members to help him sit up. The wound throbbed at the strain as he tried to pull his weight up, but it's something Taeyong could endure. He smiled sheepishly when he succeeds at doing the mundane things.

"We're so worried, Hyung..." Mark said, sniffed a bit as if the boy was trying hard not to cry. Beside him was Haechan, fully ignoring his idol image, crying his heart out. Taeyong pulled the maknae into his arms to calm him down.

"Sorry for making you guys worried... I'm okay, see?" Taeyong proclaimed, raising his brow to emphasized the statement. That earned a soft laugh from the older members but not the youngest, as Haechan sobbed heavily again, hands tight around the leader.

"Y-you were bleeding so much h-hyung... The b-blood was everywhere... D-don't ever do that to me again, Hyung..." Haechan brokenly wailed, burying his head into the crook of Taeyong's neck.

"Oh Haechannie, I'm sorry you have to see that..." Taeyong cooed, ruffling the fluffy hair of the youngest. He never expected that the one who found him will be Haechan. He felt bad, if he knew the teenage would be the one who first saw him bleeding and probably dying, he should have fought back harder to at least not getting stabbed on the stomach.

Oh well.

"Damn right, yong... Don't ever pull that on us again." Yuta said, voice trembling. Taeyong apologetically looked at his friend, sending a reassurance gaze that said 'I'm okay' with the hope of appeasing his worry.

"Sorry..." Taeyong said again, he can only apologize, hands still busy rubbing circle on Haechan's back. The youngest had stopped crying minutes ago, but chose to remain at his spot inside Taeyong's lithe arms.

They talked for a while. Mostly Taeyong catching up with the current circumstances, since he was out for 6 days now. When Taeyong talked about how he felt sorry for delaying their repackage album, he got a fiery glare from all eight members.

"Really Yong? You just wake up from a 5 days coma and the only things you're worried about is the delayed comeback? I can't believe you." Taeil sighed exasperatedly.

"It's not the only things.... It's one of the things I'm worry about right now..." Taeyong replied, which earned another sigh from the oldest member. Taeil couldn't believe that Taeyong had just clarified his thought, which didn't help anything at all.