Chapter 04 - The Storm

He had this presumption, he had this suspicion. He got restless because of them, he got troubled. But he never seen them coming.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Okay boys, as I already told you yesterday, I will be checking on my mother this weekend. Try to stay alive until I returned." Manager Insoon said after packing his limited belongings into his backpack. He was sitting at the front step, tying his shoelace.

"Finally! A day and two without your nagging inside my room!" Doyoung said with dramatic tone, as if he just won the lottery.

"Just for your information, you nag twice as much as Insoon-hyung." Haechan casually remarked, eating a bag of potato chips behind the older vocalist. He got a glare in return, "Brat."

"Hyuckie stated the truth. I still can't believe you guys are roommate for a year now." Johnny added before playfully dodging a mock punch from the angry vocalist.

"Taeyong-ie, I leave the kids to you." The manager said, not paying any attention to the bickering 3 supposedly-grown-up men behind the leader, who was standing right in front of the manager who just finished tying his other shoelace.

"Got it, hyung. Send my greeting to your mom." The leader, so used of this kind of behaviour, also ignoring the chaos behind him. Instead, smiling toward the said manager.

"Hey! I'm older than Taeyong-ie!"

"Please, we're the same age, Johnny."

"Will do, yong. Have a nice weekend." The manager pat the leader's head affectionally before making his way out of the 127 dorm.

"What about us Hyung! Talk about favoritism!" Haechan asked, whining on top of his lungs.

"You will have a nice weekend if you just step out from your god-forsake room and get some sunlight!" the manager yelled as he closed the door in front of the whiny maknae's face.

"Whatever, boomer!" Haechan yelled back even after the door is closed, but they all can hear a distant laughter from the other side of the wall.

After sending the manager off, they got back inside the dorm, situating themselves on their living room. The TV was on, it was playing some popular rom-com series from Netflix. Taeyong, Doyoung, and Haechan watched the series for a couple of minutes before Johnny emerged from his shared room, dressed up in black tank top and sweatpants.

"Oh that's right. You're working out tonight, right?" Taeyong said, eying the tall man who is now immersed in choosing which cap should he wear.

"Yeah. You wanna join?"

Taeyong is considering the offer; sure, he aimed to build up, gaining more muscle for the comeback, but then he remembers his own gym schedule.

"Nah, I'll skip." Another idea popped up inside his mind, "Take Haechan and Doyoung, if you insist."

"What!? No thanks." Both of them said in unison. It seems like they didn't expect that, as the two vocalist then eyed each other in disgust.

Johnny laughed at the two antics, "Come on, It'll be fun."

"Ew"

"Ew"

They both gasped and stared again at each other and Taeyong cackled. "What are you two, twins?"