Epilogue

The Sellsword King                                                                                                                                                           A Retelling of the Classic Tale

The Sellsword King A Retelling of the Classic Tale

From Essos came the legend of the sellsword king. All the way to Westeros, the tale spun seemingly out of nowhere.

A tale of a warrior, a rugged man, a man with honor, freedom and most of all, happiness.

It was said that though he may seem an uncaring sort, he always came home to the same girl, to the love of his life every night. Hearts reuniting under the dark of the night, two parts of a whole coming together.

They were happy. They were free.

At last.

Some say he was a usurper, a rebel. Some say he was a drunkard and a brute. Some say that he was the greatest warrior ever lived. Some say that he loved only one woman all his life.

Some say she was a daughter of a great lord. Some say she was a kind sister, a loving mother. Some say she was the most beautiful woman who ever lived. Some say that she only loved one man all her life.

Those who know the truth know that the man was not the legend alone, that the woman was more than whispers and make-believe.

He was once a warrior, a drunkard, a brute. When he became a king, he ended a dynasty that lasted for hundreds of years. As king, he was a good man. An imperfect soul with a perfect heart. He ruled with a strong mind and a strong grip.

She was once a caged daughter, bound to her family. But she became queen and in what she believed to be her cage, she found her freedom. She met the love of her life and never questioned anything more, for what was love but a surety.

King Robert and Queen Livia Baratheon. The great stag and the magnificent lioness.

For decades they ruled and in those years, they ruled with peace, justice, and most of all, love.

Under their rule, the realm was at peace for the first time in so long. There were no wars, no battles, no rebellions. No child went to bed hungry, no soldier died in vain.

Some schemed and plotted but none dared to go against their king and queen. No one dared to challenge them for they had long proven that they were more than capable on their own and much stronger together.

The peace continued under their son, King Cassian Baratheon's rule who went on to continue his parents' good work.

The Baratheon dynasty lasted for decades, governing even better than the Targaryens before them.

Their family became known as the greatest family of monarchs to ever grace Westeros.

King Robert and Queen Livia helped usher in a golden age and a bright future for the realm.

They married for duty.

They ruled for the realm.

They fought for justice.

But they healed for each other.

For everyone knew that their love surpassed all. Their love was legend, strong enough to defy all, pure enough to be worthy of godhood.

They went through much to be with each other but in the end, it did not matter for they were granted what they wanted, even without them knowing what it was they had yearned for all their lives.

In the end, they were free.

In the end, they had love.

In the end, they had each other.

As they always will.

Forever.

Always.

End.