••• 10 •••

Chapter Ten – Forbidden

•••

You sat in front of the vanity in your shared room, the room you called prison. The bruises on your skin were prominent. They were purple in some spots and green in others, overall they were deep and bad. Kai hadn't hurt you this bad before, but you weren't surprised he did, you pissed him off.

You pissed him off really bad. Not only had you blatantly disobeyed him, but you also admitted to it in front of someone else. Not just anyone, but someone from the league of villains, someone who was not part of the Shie Hassaikai. If people saw how Kai's girlfriend didn't obey his rules then they would think his men didn't either. They would think of him as a bad leader, and to Kai, that was a huge disrespect from you. He needed to punish you.

You pulled out the make up bag Kai bought you for days like this. The makeup bag contained a variety of makeup pallets and concealers that matched your skin tone. You pulled out a makeup brush and blender and began to make work on the bright obvious bruises.

Kai always told you not to let anyone see your bruises. He'd always say its not of their business what goes on privately. He'd always say you looked pretty with clear skin. Deep down you knew the truth.

He didn't want anyone to know he hurt you because it wasn't right. He didn't want anyone to know because his men might feel indifferent about him hurting the real head yakuza's granddaughter. Although, you doubted they might act out against him. Kai ruled through fear, not loyalty.

You applied the makeup to your bruises, wincing slightly as you applied pressure on the bigger ones. You could hear the sound of a hard knock on the door, knowing Kai would just punish you for letting someone see you get rid of his marks, you dropped the makeup into the bag and shoved it under the vanity before answering the knocker.

"Yes?"

"It's Dabi, can I come in?"

Your cheeks began to sport a light pink blush as you thought of Dabi coming into your room. It was private and intimate. But then your head turned to thoughts of Kai and you were reminded of why you took a punishment last night. A punishment meant for Dabi. You couldn't involve yourself with Dabi like that. Not when you were Kai's. Not when it would just cause more trouble for himself. Not when Kai might kill him.

You took a deep breath and recomposed yourself. He's just a man, and I'm a taken woman. Him being in your room shouldn't cause such a reaction. There was no need to blush. You couldn't have such a feeling for him.

"Yes."

Dabi pushed the door open and slightly stepped into your room. He stayed half in, half out. To Dabi, it felt intimate and private wandering into your bedroom, so he opted to lean against your door frame instead. He looked around your room and observed the way you had it all set up, the color of the walls, your choice in sheets and blankets, the dresser, the carpet.

He didn't have to look long to see that you hadn't any choice in the design of the room. It was all distinctly Kai. The more Dabi observed Kai and you, the more he grew to dislike it. He noticed little things in Kai, like the way he made you sit close to him, even when you were uncomfortable. He noticed things, like how Kai got possessive and controlling. The more he observed, the more he saw his parents. The more he observed, the angrier and jealous he got.

"Your little boy toy wanted me to let you know he'd be gone for a couple of days."

The edges of your lips curved up at the idea of Kai being gone. You could relax a little. You wouldn't have to worry about him constantly watching you. You wouldn't have the pressure of being good or else receiving a punishment.

"Thanks for letting me know."

"No problem."

Suddenly the idea of Dabi being inside of your bedroom felt safer. Kai wouldn't know he was there. Kai would never find out. Dabi would be safe from Kai's rage. You wouldn't be at risk of upsetting your 'lover'.

Dabi could see the tension in your shoulders drop as your smile perked up. There was that thought again, the one at the back of his head telling him how pretty you looked when you smiled. But there was also the nagging voice that said he shouldn't think about how pretty his new temporary boss's girlfriend looked. It was forbidden, but Dabi never really cared much for following rules anyway.

It was the way you smiled at him that felt so inviting. It was warm and enchanting, it made him want to get closer to you, even though he knew it was forbidden. He sauntered more into your bedroom until he was behind your chair and peering down at you through your reflection in the mirror.

Under Dabi's gaze, you couldn't help but feel flustered. All you could do was fiddle with some expensive earrings that Kai gifted you. They weren't really a gift, but rather a presentation of apology for forcing himself on you. After all, being a 'good girl' would bring pleasure and gifts, unlike when you fought him like a disobedient person.

Dabi knew he shouldn't, but he rested his hands on your shoulders. He rubbed his thumbs in circles, massaging and relaxing you. You wanted to cry out in pain from Kai's inflicted wounds, but you couldn't let yourself. 

"Want to have lunch on the roof? You could use some fresh air and this way we don't break rules. I don't wanna get you into trouble again."

Still concentrating on not crying, All you could do was meekly nod up and down at Dabi. He was sweet and you melted at his words. He didn't want to cause you pain, when all Kai did was inflict it.

"I'd like that Dabi."

•••

Edited: 7-22-20

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••