••• 1 •••

Chapter One - Field Of Flowers

•••

You let out a loud laugh and giggled as you ran down the grassy hill with your sister Eri. Tripping together, you both began to roll down, the dewy grass staining your white dresses brown and green as you went.

You laid there breathlessly and watched as Eri got back up unaffected. You wished you had vigorous youthful energy like her. Unlike her, you lacked energy. Being the tired college student you are, you got all your energy from monsters, coffee, and twenty-minute naps.

"Eri! Slow down, wait for Kai."

You pulled yourself unto your feet and looked back up the hill. Your eyes were searching for your boyfriend, Kai Chisaki, who stood on top. His gold eyes reflected in the sunlight as you watched him walk over to you. He was taking his time walking down unlike you and Eri who ran, skipped, and rolled like hellions.

You sat down on the green field. Your dress poofed around you and the grass scratched your legs. Eri walked over to you and collapsed herself on your lap.

Eri watched as your hands pick daisies and dandelions from the field and she observed as your nimble fingers braided and weaved the flowers together into a chain before knotting the ends together.

Eri craned her neck up and looked at your face curiously. You smiled down at her and placed the crown on her head as well as a kiss on her forehead.

"A crown fit for a princess. Want me to show you how to make one?"

"Yes, please."

"Pick some pretty flowers first."

Eri walked off and picked out some flowers, then she came back and dumped them in front of you before sitting back in your lap.

"Now you braid them together."

You helped show her how to braid and weave them together by moving your hands over her hands and fingers and making the same motions to the flowers as you had before. Your eyes got glossy as you remembered how your father was the one who taught you how to make flower crowns.

Eri stood up with her flower crown in hand. She placed it on top of your head with a small giggle. She had your father's smile and it made you miss him so much.

"Now you're a princess too!"

Kai placed his hands onto your shoulders, his fingers lightly dug into you in a massage-like way making you look up at him with a smile.

"Flower crown or not, [Y/N] will always be my princess."

"Sure took your time getting to your princess."

"Sorry I don't like running and getting dirty like my princesses."

Kai puts his jacket on the ground creating a barrier between the dirt and him. He sits on the jacket behind you, and you lean your back against him.

"The sky's really pretty."

"Not as pretty as you."

You chuckled at Kai's comment. Kai wrapped his arms around you and you laced your fingers with his binding your hands together.

"That was cheesy."

"You make me cheesy, princess."

You bring your intertwined hands up to your face and kiss the top of Kai's hand. His skin was soft, you could tell that he moisturized well.

"Thanks for taking us out Kai, I really needed a break from my classes and just... Life."

"I could tell... Is your mom still trying to contact you?"

You look over at Eri to see her distracted by some Shasta Daisies. You lowered your voice to be sure she couldn't hear what you and Kai were talking about.

"Yes, she wants to meet up with me... She doesn't get that she can't just abandon her kid-daughter and act nice with her adult-daughter."

"You don't need her, you have me and your grandfather."

"You're right."

Kai stands up and holds his hand out to help you up. You grab his hand and hoist yourself up off the ground.

"Is it time to go back?"

"It's getting pretty dark. I might be your boyfriend, but your grandfather still gave me specific instructions to watch Eri and you."

You dust off your dress and take note of all the tiny cuts the wildflowers and grass gave you. Kai shakes his head disapprovingly as he looks at your legs.

"I told you not to run. Now you've got tiny cuts all over."

"Me and Eri will just shower once we get home."

You ignore your boyfriend's further scolding and walk over to Eri. You help her dust off her dress and place her shoes back on her feet. Upon so you notice she didn't have any cuts.

"Kai. Kai, she doesn't have any cuts or bruises."

Kai walked over to you and Eri. He looked at her legs curiously and raised his eyebrows impressed.

"Maybe it's her quirk."

"Some type of healing quirk? But what about... My dad?"

"Maybe some type of time rewind quirk. I really wish I had some way to test and try out my theories."

You bite your lip as you think of all the possibilities to what her quirk might be. You really didn't have a clue as to what her quirk was. The day Eri's quirk manifested she touched your dad and he disappeared but Eri's quirk had yet to reappear since the accident.

Kai cups your cheeks, pulling you out of your worried state. You look up at him, eyes full of worry and fear.

"It's okay, whatever her quirk is, I'll figure out how to help her control it safely."

"Kai, I'm glad I have you, you make me and Eri feel so safe."

You grab Eri's hand and take Kai's hand in your other. You make your way back to your grandfather's manor with interlaced hands.

You were so happy and wrapped up at the moment that you hadn't even noticed Kai's curiosity over Eri's quirk. Too blind with love you hadn't noticed his sudden selfish interest or subtle changes. 

•••

Edited: 2-17-20

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••