Chapter 52: Third and Fourth Division

Start from the beginning

Both Sasuke and Haku remained silent for a moment before Sasuke spoke. "Why don't we have the intelligence division contact Izaya or Shikamaru and see if they have any ideas. I'm better suited to fighting and finding counter strategies on my own than planning a wide scale tactic."

"Mn." Haku nodded in agreement.

Kakashi let out a soft sigh, "It can't be helped. Will you two be okay on your own for a bit?"

"Mn." Sasuke and Haku nodded.

Kakashi quickly dashed off to the intelligence unit stationed in their division and contacted HQ that was now stationed at the Second Division battlefield site. After Kakashi felt the connection link up he spoke. "Izaya, Shikamaru, are you both there?"

"Kakashi?" Shikamaru and I said at the same time.

"Mn. I need the both of you to help me strategize." Kakashi proceeded to tell the details of what was happening leaving Shikamaru and I to ponder for a bit. After thinking about their situation I spoke out, "Kakashi-senpai. Why don't you just have the Third Division utilize the same tactic you use with Guy?"

"Eh?" Kakashi exclaimed as that possibility totally slipped his mind. Shikamaru nodded and said, "I think that's the best strategy to go with. Have your members pair up in groups of three. Then you should separate your division into three sections. The first section will be the ones who continue battle. The second and third will be allowed to rest. The resting period will be 4 hours. After 4 hours let the first section rest and the second section take their place. After another four hours the second section rest and the third section takes their place. Rinse and repeat. With you, Haku, Sasuke, and Guy keeping Fugaku, Duy, and Lord Second at bay the rest of the alliance members only need to worry about the four Swordsmen that are left. Have them focus on defense and countering. From what it sounds like, only you four are capable of keeping up against Fugaku, Duy, and Lord Second. In order for the four of you to get some rest I suggest using the same tactic but with shorter resting periods, say 2 hours between each cycle with Sakura focusing mainly on healing you four to help make up for the reduced resting period. Once Guy recovers Sasuke should get some rest. It'll be up to Kakashi, Haku, and Guy to do their best to hold down the fort against those three reanimated shinobi. After 2 hours Kakashi, you rest while Sasuke, Guy, and Haku take up the mantle. Then Haku rests after that. Rinse and repeat. The hope is that either you four are able to find an opportunity to defeat your opponents overtime or the other alliance members are able to defeat the four Swordsmen and lend their aid to you guys."

I nodded my head after listening to how Shikamaru decided the setup. "Kakashi-senpai, Shikamaru is right. You'll have to work at it like that for now until you find an opportunity to win or until reinforcements are available."

Kakashi nodded his head. "Alright, thanks to both of you. The plan sounds like it'll work. Let's hope nothing goes awry." Kakashi cut off the connection and quickly gave out his orders according to the plan that was discussed. Kakashi nodded his head approving of how much more organized this setup was and returned to Haku and Sasuke's side.

"How did it go?" Haku asked.

"Mn. Shikamaru and Izaya were able to come up with a strategy to help the division members get some rest. Once Guy comes back Sasuke, you go get some rest for 2 hours. Then we'll rotate and I will get some rest once Sasuke returns. After that it'll be Haku, and we'll continue this rotation until a more favorable situation occurs."

Sasuke and Haku nodded at the new plan. At that moment a giant water dragon came rushing towards them prompting Haku to furrow his brow and quickly weave his hand signs shouting, "Ice Style Freezing Mist Jutsu!" He expelled an incredibly cold white mist from his mouth that instantly froze the water dragon and shattered it into nothing but ice crystals.