Chaper 22 ~ Overthinking & Doubts

*A Very Brief Side Story*

Time Skip ~ A Week

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I stared at my phone, screen blaring bright, as I wore my SquidPods. A custom playlist filled with songs from the Squid Sisters and Off The Hook played in said headphones. I gently nodded and tapped my foot along with the song playing as I scrolled through whatever social media I was looking at right now.

I was caught off guard with a sudden bump on my shoulder. Raising my brows, I looked over to see what it was, but quickly calmed down when I noticed it was just Mike resting his head on my shoulder. "You startled me..." I giggled softly, now smiling at the octoling. Mike looked up at me with his crimson red eyes and smiled brightly. "I'm sorry heh," He stated simply before pecking me on the cheek, causing my ears to feel warm. "It's ok Mike.."

I looked out at the window, watching Inkopolis slowly fade away into the distance as the train moved along. The sun was now starting to set, turning the once blue sky into a fiery orange color.

"I'm tired Sarah..." Mike murmured, now slowly dozing off. I giggled softly, before kissing him quickly on the cheek. "Then go to sleep 8."

Mike nodded and began to fully rest on me. It surprised me to have noticed that he had reached for my hand and interlocked our fingers. It was cute.

He fell asleep rather quickly.

I was still nervous however.

Mike was going to meet my parents...

I've told them about him, but I don't think I've mentioned the fact that he was an octoling, surprisingly. I just don't know how they would react. I know they'll like Mike, he's nothing but sweet and nice. But I think it'll still catch them off guard that he's an octoling. Regardless, I'm still nervous, yet excited.

I was tired from the ride so far, but I just simply couldn't nap due to the fact that I was too nervous, yet excited. I wonder if Mike will do okay...I know he can be very awkward sometimes when meeting someone new. I've witnessed it before.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Sarah was constantly shifting in her seat, a worried expression plastered on her face.

"Hey baby, are you okay?" I asked, concerned. Sarah jumped at the sound of my voice. "I thought you were asleep." I shook my head no in response. "I did, but you were shifting so much, I woke up. Plus I can tell something is bothering you."

Sarah swallowed nervously for a moment as we locked eyes. "I'm a bit scared about you meeting my parents.." She whispered. "They know about you, but they don't know that I'm dating you 100%, or that you're an octoling..so I'm concerned as to how they'll take it.." Her eyes began to swell up a bit as she spoke, tears now beginning to form.

I shifted in my seat slightly, making myself sit upright and gently squeezing her hand lovingly. Sarah looked up from her lap as a small smile formed on her face.

"It'll be okay." I simply said with a bright smile, in an effort to cheer her up. "I'm sure they'll be ecstatic. No matter what happens, I'll be here with you."

A pink blush appeared under her enchanting emerald eyes as she smiled sheepishly. Swiftly, Sarah tucked her tentacle behind her ear to adjust it. "You're too sweet sometimes Mike."

I quickly adjusted my own hair and smiled as she gave me a quick peck on the cheek. Soon after, Sarah rested her head on my shoulder.

The train rumbled as it continued on its tracks, making its way to Sarah's hometown, Seatrail. It was another hour or two away, so there was still some time to kill.

Sarah had turned herself into her squid form, and plopped herself onto my lap. Without hesitation, she had used her tentacles to move my arms around her so that I held her. The squid giggled happily on my lap as I smiled sweetly at her. I'm glad she had calmed down.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Now resting on Mike's lap. I continued to think to myself. Those doubts still lingered in my mind as I was cradled in his arms.

Will they get upset with me?

Will they be happy?

Will they accept him?

What if they don't?

What do I do then..?

I shook my head, trying my hardest to ignore those thoughts and replacing them with the words Mike had said to me.

"It'll be okay...I'm sure they'll be ecstatic. No matter what happens, I'll be here for you."

Those reassuring words kept me calm and optimistic. Being cradled in Mike's arms helped too. I felt more at ease, and I'm sure it would be easier telling my parents the news with him by my side. It's crazy how I'm so calm and happy whenever he's with me or I'm with him.

I can't imagine that at one point I didn't know him. I was just another inkling, playing Turf War, Ranked Matches, shopping, training, working, hanging out with friends...It's too hard to imagine doing all of that now without Mike. I would've never thought that I'd get along so well with an octoling and, eventually, fall for him. Everything is just so much more different than in the past, he's made my life better just by being with me.

Time Skip - 2 Hours

"Now arriving at: Seatrail."

The intercom echoed throughout the train cart, which woke both Mike and I up.

"Babe, we're here." I yawned, turning back into my inkling form and stretching. Mike yawned as well, and nodded. "Right." He muttered, still half asleep. We had both fallen asleep for the majority of the ride here.

We planned on staying for two or three days, so it wasn't a lot of stuff we packed. Just enough clothing and supplies for those days.

Mike unloaded the bags from the cabinets over us and handed me mine.

I looked around tiredly, and noticed a couple other inklings in our train cart also getting up and getting ready to leave.

"Are you ready to go?" Mike asked.

We locked eyes and I nodded softly.

"Here we go then," Mike said, holding my hand tightly in an effort to reassure me once again.  

"Here we go.." I thought to myself as we stepped out of the vehicle.

~

A.N. Once again, thank you everyone for 100 followers! I'm so glad I have a supportive community that enjoys my work and supports me! :)

Really, thanks.

~

Also, I've seen your comments about the either the one shots or a third book, but I just want to add an extra chapter after the last one that will serve as the actual vote.

Though it's leaning to a third book..

~

Anyways once again, thank you all! I'll try my hardest to get chapters out more and continue writing for you all! :3

*sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors*

~

Word Count: 1185