Chapter 21 ~ Rainy Day

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

As quickly as I could, I dodged to the right and avoided another roller swing behind a metal container. The green ink had splashed forward, and I just barely avoided the attack. The tower's jingle continued to play as it traveled across the battlefield, ink flying and splatting around.

I took a quick and deep breath, turned into my octopus form and swam around, hoping to take back the tower. It was now coming back to our side, which wasn't good. We were still in the lead, but there could always be a comeback. Sarah remained at the edge of a raised platform, splatting foes with her gun. As I watched briefly, she was able to splat the two fellow inklings camping the tower, allowing our teammates to take it back.

"Hey! Good job babe!" I exclaimed over to her. Her eyes widened a bit by my sudden yelling but smiled when she noticed it was me. Without hesitating, I super jumped over to her, gave her a quick peck on the cheek and proceeded to splat an inkling trying to sneak behind Sarah to splat her. Effortlessly, I swung my roller and got him. Sarah thanked me with a light blush.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I kept forward after thanking Mike, turning into my squid form halfway through falling down to the floor below and plopping into my ink color.

Luckily the inklings on the other team were more or less close fighters, meaning that with my Splattershot Pro, I have an advantage. Especially since my aim is actually really good, I'm deadly.

"I guess the Splatoon training actually helps.."

Literally like 5 minutes later:

TWEET!

That was fast. Well, I guess that's how it normally is. It always feels so fast paced when you're in the heat of the battle.

"Hey look at that, you're the MVP!" Mike exclaimed, smiling at the match leaderboard. I looked over at the screen and smiled. He was right, I got the most splats out of everyone in our team. "Yea, I guess I am huh?" I asked. Mike smiled at me before giving me a kiss on a cheek.

I turned into my squid form as I was caught by Mike and embraced in his arms. My tentacles hung over his arms loosely, as I stared innocently out into Inkopolis Square. I could hear Mike chuckle above me. I couldn't help but get butterflies in my stomach from hearing him. I'm simply in love with him deeply, way more than I could have ever imagined.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

I looked down at the adorable squid cradled in my forearms and felt my heart quicken at the sight of Sarah. I still can't believe I was actually able to have the opportunity to be with her like this.

I stepped out of the tower, now looking outwards to the Square and taking in my surroundings. The typical things you'd expect, inklings everywhere you look, shopping talking, walking, the usual. I glanced upwards as the sunshine faded away and noticed sad, grey clouds covering the light. Slowly, but noticeably, it began to darken, signaling that it was about to rain.

"Hey Sarah? It looks like it's about to rain.."

*rumble*

"You promised me food afterwards.." Sarah pouted innocently and childishly, like a child who doesn't get what he wants. I forgot that I had promised her that. "Well, how about we get back home first, get our hoodies and an umbrella, and we can come back for some food?" I suggested. Due to the sun being covered up, of course it began to get a bit chilly. Sarah seemed to have agreed with the idea.