Chapter 12 ~ The Inner And Outward Battles

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Respawning, I struggled to even hold the roller in my hand. My arms felt weak and limp, and my grip wasn't as strong as it was in the beginning. I trudged forward, having difficulty walking for some reason and tried to once again face off my brainwashed self. I was getting weaker with each time he splatted me, making him in control of my actual body outside my mind.

I tried to give a menacing and determined look, but the brainwashed me must've seen the fear and hopelessness in my eyes.

"What happened with that determined look in your eyes? I thought you were going to beat me, hehe.."

I grunted in response, and pushed my legs to run and take swing at him. My roller didn't connect with any part of his body when I swung, and neither did my ink. I heard him chuckle as he dodged my attack, swinging the roller and resting it over his shoulder.

"I'm disappointed honestly," He stated. "We both know you're better than this."

Both hands held my roller as tightly as I could, though both of my arms were shaking from how frail I felt. I could hardly lift it up, much less run and attack again. "I will...I will break free from this again." I muttered, a look of hatred forming on my face.

He let out a sigh and removed the roller from his shoulder.

"You got no chance. You're persistent, but it'll just leave you in a painful defeat."

I ever so slowly trudged to the brainwashed me, my breaths getting heavier with each step as my roller dragged on the floor. Before I could attack, the Octarian started chuckling to himself.

He looked up suddenly and started chuckling, which sooner became laughing, a crazed look appearing on his face. I was shocked, and honestly really uncomfortable with what I was witnessing before my eyes.

"The fun is just getting started!"

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

It didn't take us very long to pinpoint the location of the training faction the Octarian mentioned. Surprisingly, it wasn't far from the control center. We ran down the long metallic hallways with doors plastered on them every so often as we took out Octarian soldiers.

"It's strange how no alarms have gone off since we arrived..." Marina commented as everyone sprinted down the hall.

It was true, no alarm or anything had sounded every since we broke into their Octarian base. We should be getting swarmed by Octarians at this point, but we weren't. Which seems suspicious, but also relieving at the moment. I tried my best not to think much about it, after all, I have to bring Mike back, being without him has been a nightmare.

"Alright we're here." Marina and Marie stated, stopping in front of everyone. "Please be careful," Marie added.

The doors were rather tall, taller than your average door, and completely made of metal. However we also needed a key card to enter the training facility and no one had such a card to have access to the facility.

"How do we get in if we don't have a key card to unlock the doors?" Isabel asked concerned. Everyone stayed silent for a couple of seconds before Marina once again said, "I stole one from one of the Octarians in the control room." She fished around in hero suit pocket to find it before taking it out and swiping it against the control panel.

"Access Granted."

The doors let out a hissing and creaking noise as they opened slowly. My anxiety only increased as the doors completely opened, scared as to what would be on the other side. I gripped my gun tighter as I felt my body tense up.