Chapter 31

Luke POV

The final bell was set to ring in 30 minutes when the intercom sounded. "All students are to report to the theatre at this time." Was all it said, but much speculation began among the students as to what it could be. Ignoring the talking that had erupted around us, all six of us immediately headed for the backstage portion of the theatre, and before long, all the students were gathered in the area.

"Guess it's finally happening, huh?" Isen says. "Guess so." Remi responds. "Let's just get it done. I don't want to deal with being king anymore." I say seconds before Keene ushers us onto the stage. As we emerge, the chatting is immediately silenced, replaced with erie quiet. "Greetings, fellow students." I begin. "The reason you are all here is that we have decided to start governing ourselves in a different way. Within the hierarchy, a majority of you students are either bullied or ignored. We intend to change that." I continue. As I pause for breath, Remi takes over.

"Instead of having a King Queen and Jack, this system will introduce the idea of a council, which will have members from everywhere around the tier list: low-tiers all the way through god-tiers." She says, taking her own breath, to which John steps in.

"You higher-tiers may not see it yet, but the low-tiers I've met have been the best friends I could have asked for, and have brought to light some very relevant views and ideas. The fact that you're stronger doesn't make you more important." John continues before Isen steps in.

"The members of the council will not be chosen for their strength. They will be elected by those in their tier, so if you want to get in, I would recommend being nice to people. Also, anyone seen harassing anybody else will be brought to their attention, and will be dealt with accordingly." Isen says, after which Blyke takes the wheel.

"The members of the council will be voted on by the student body at the beginning of every month, during which they will meet regularly, at least once a week." He says, looking towards Seraphina.

"If any of you have questions or concerns about this new system, don't hesitate to ask any one of us, or the Headmaster if you would prefer not to talk to us." She says. "For now, that is all." I conclude, stepping back behind the curtain, shortly followed by the others. "I think that went rather well." I remark hopefully as we exit the theatre.

Arlo POV

After the Royals had disappeared behind the curtain, discussions and arguments immediately erupted. Told you they wouldn't take kindly to this. I think to myself. "What are you going to do about this, Arlo?" Holden asks. "Nothing." I respond. "What do you mean nothing?!? You can't just let them destroy the hierarchy!" He exclaims. "And why not?" I question. "Because, well, urm…" he says, struggling to come up with a reason. "Because I won't have the influence I used to? Because you won't be able to do whatever you want anymore?" I ask, looking him straight in the eyes. "W-well, th-that's not it…" he responds pathetically, not meeting my gaze.

"John was right. All we care about is power. I didn't realize we were just as pathetic as the lowest bullies there are. Because we allowed them to behave that way. I'm done with that. I'm supporting them, whole-heartedly." I say as I depart the theatre, leaving many shocked faces behind me. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it. I lament in my head as I search for the Royals.

My POV
Anyone else find it funny that there are more confirmed God-tiers than normal high-tiers?