***Elik's POV***

"What's happening?" I frantically call out.

"He passed out. We're almost there. I promise they will update you when he is stable." The paramedic gives me a sympathetic look. I just want to cry.

Dek is out cold. His skin is red. Goosebumps are over his body. They are hooking him up to IVs and yelling for the driver to go faster.

I hold the back of my head while I watch them do everything they are capable of. I just hope it's enough.

All day yesterday Dek had been in and out of the bathroom. He barely opened his eyes except to relieve himself. He was whiny and clingy. I assumed he had a virus.

He fell asleep at six thirty pm and slept until I just woke him. I was seriously getting scared. Dek is a morning person. He has never laid in bed all day. Not after his parents and not even after he was drugged.

I stare at my husband. God, I would give anything to make him be alright.

I jump out of the way as the ambulance rolls to a stop. The doors to the emergency department open up and Dek is wheeled away from me. A nurse comes over and starts asking so many questions.

"I need you to fill out these papers. As soon as possible, I will have you back there with your husband. Just do as much as you can." I nod my head and begin the tedious task of answering everything I can.

I shoot a group text to our friends and family.

It seems like an hour passes as I sign the last line and hand over our insurance card to the intake lady.

"Just go update your family. I will come get you shortly." The sweet nurse points me towards the waiting room.

I am faced with eleven people who want answers.

"What did they say?" My mom rushes over to me and leads me further into the room.

"Nothing yet. They took him straight back. The nurse will update us soon." I take a seat and lean against my dad. I'm so fucking scared.

"Hey. Don't stress. He is in good hands." I nod quietly.

"What happened?" I hear Uncle Ian.

"Dek was down for two days. We really thought it was a stomach bug. Maybe even the flu." Yani fills in the parents.

"Then Elik called us to his room. Dek looked like shit. Holding his stomach, getting sick and crying out in pain." Chance continues the story.

"Exavier." I stand up as soon as I hear our name.

"They are running a couple tests. We're pretty sure he is going to need surgery. You will need to come sign the authorization forms. Your husband has already been sedated. You can go back for a minute. But, we need to get going." The nurse ushers me forward to follow. I walk away without another word.

I sign the new stack of papers and they lead me to the back rooms. Dek is out of it. I doubt if he even knows I am here.

I tenderly brush his hair back and kiss his forehead.

The doctor comes in and shakes my hand. I give him a nod and keep looking at my husband.

"We did an abdominal ultrasound. It's the fastest test we could manage. Your husband is suffering from a ruptured appendix. They are prepping the operating room now. He will stay for a few days. He will feel a lot better once the dead tissue is removed and he is clear of infection. These things have a very high success rate and a minimal recovery. Just be patient and you can see him soon." The doctor pats my shoulder. I kiss Dek's lips quickly and head back down the halls.