Chapter 4

When I was done with my noodles I put the bowl in the sink. my focus was on the cat mostly, he seemed to take a liking to me and was purring against my leg.

I cleared my throat and made my way to the door. "Thank you. uhm. for the meal." I said back to him. "I should go back to my apartment." the cat followed me to the door purring all the way.

"And where would your apartment be?" He spoke from the other side of the room. "You didn't even notice when I lead you to my place, so how will you find your way back?"

"I don't know how many time I have to tell you, I'm not helpless." My emotions starting to heighten again and I turn back to look at him.

"I never said you were helpless." he said. I could see now that his shoulders were exposed and part of his costume was wrapped around his waist showing a fitted black tank top and his scarf still around his neck. He glanced back at me. "I'll bring you back if you want but you it wasn't an accident we ran into each other tonight. You haven't been checking in with the doctors. They sent me to fetch you and file a report on your health."

I knew I had been forgetting something. I was supposed to call the doctors office every week and let them know how I was adjusting and wasn't going into cultural shock or something like that.

"So, weather you go back tonight or tomorrow I have to stay with you, for a full 24 hours." He glared me down. "I don't know why the hell it had to be me, its not like the entrance exam is coming up or anything." He grumbled at the last part low enough for me to hardly hear.

"Well if I'm just an inconvenience for you why not just write you're report now and let me go home, alone?" Its not like I didn't enjoy his company, I really did, but he treated me like a child and I just wanted to prove to him that I could take care of things myself.

"Fine." He stood up to his full stature, he looked to be about 6 feet tall which was intimidating. "Prove to me you can have a run in with someone stronger than you and win." He slipped one of his hands in his pocket and pulled out a hair band, tying his hair up. "My quirk is useless against yours so you'll even have an upper hand."

"Im not going to fight you." I knew I wouldn't be able to win, "Besides, did I not 'prove' myself with that drunk guy? I know how to fight." I was confused by the meaning of his proposal.

"If I wouldn't have stepped in he would have killed you, did you even know his quirk?" he asked slowing starting to walk to me. I didn't know the man had a quirk and to be honest I still didn't completely know what Eraserhead's quirk was but he said it was useless against me so I may be able to at least restrict him. No. Not with his scarf, he could still use that against me. "Well?" he asked, the cat that was once by my side was now at Aizawa's leg sitting with its tail wrapped around its paws.

"I know when I've been beaten." I scowled at him there was no way I could be a pro hero when all I am is just a former slave with a few near death experiences to give me enough sense to defend myself.

"You didn't even try." his eyes blink slowly.

"you should know when you've been beaten before you even start. Theres no way I can beat you. You're a pro hero, Your scarf helps you in close combat situations so I can only guess that that is you main fighting technique. So, fine, I'll stay here for the night." My ears drooped as I walked over to the couch plopped down dramatically.

"You asked if anyone could be a pro hero, remember?" His voice sounded different than before, it wasn't aggressive or forceful. "I'll give you the truth." He made his way around the couch and sat on the other side. "Your close combat skills go well with your quirk and your reasoning to not fight me even when what you want is at stake shows how you think before you act. You know when to back off. You have spirit and can hold yourself in battle but in the heat of the moment you forget that here are other types of quirks than just mutation ones. It's obvious your past continues to restrict you." He pauses. This was a well thought out assessment. "I don't know the limitations of your quirk or exactly what you can do but from what I can tell, you have potential."