Chapter 3

The next morning I when I woke up he was already there. When I groggily open my eyes and shift around in my bed. He sat slouched in the corner, eyes closed. I noticed the lack of pressure on my wrists and ankles. I reach my hands over my head and stretch. it felt good to finally be able to stretch out and not be restricted.

"Hello?" I whisper looking over at Eraserhead. He didn't answer my whisper, so I moved my legs over the side of the bed and started to get up.

As soon as my feet hit the floor my legs gave out and I had to turn back and steady myself on the bed. When I turned around again he was in front of me. His glair piercing into my soul. He was taller than me, a lot taller than me. Him looking down at me was enough for me to not be able to look him in the eyes.

"What are you doing" He asked in his deep voice.

"I- uhm-" I whisper. I felt so small next to him and before I could finish my sentence my stomach seemed to growl. my ears flatten to my head again and I look away again.

"You shouldn't get out of bed yet." He raised his hand and I immediately winced and closed my eyes ready for the impact of his hand. But instead of a hit across my face, I felt a hand gently on my back and behind my knees. I was lifted up and placed back into the bed. I opened my eyes and he was close, really close. he backed away when he put me down and placed his hand on my head in between my ears. I looked up at him and he was facing away from me. "I won't hurt you. Remember, Pro-heroes won't hurt you." He walked back to the chair in the corner and sat down.

The door to the room opened and the doctor walked in. "I see your awake," He smiled and took the board at the base of the bed and flipped through the papers. "We already healed you as much as we could for this morning, you'll feel week so be careful, try not to sit up to fast or get out of bed." he put down the papers and walked over the machine by the side of my bed. "Don't let me interfere with the questioning Eraserhead. I'll be in and out to check vitals and bring food in a little bit."

Eraserhead pulled the doctor over to the corner and spoke quietly to him. I guessed neither of them knew the extent of my quirk because I could still hear them clearly.

"Bring them food as soon as you can. They're underweight and something tells me they haven't eaten in a long time." Easerhead whispers. The doctor nods but scoffs slightly.

"This is the most you've been involved with a suspect in years." He turns back to me before letting the other man respond.

"victim." was all Eraserhead could get out before the doctor started speaking to me.

"What would like like to eat? Any preferences?" The doctor asks while making his way back to the door. I shrugged and shook my head. "Alright, we'll surprise you then."

I nodded and when the doctor left I looked over at the other man still in the room. "Eraserhead?" He was leaning against the all with this arms crossed again. "Can you tell me more about heroes?" He nodded and started talking.

His voice was soothing and his confidence was astounding. after a while the doctor brought in food. "What is this?" I asked. There was steam coming off of the freshly made breakfast.

Instead of answering my question Erasrehead asked me a question. "What did you eat while under your boss?"

"Uhm." I looked away, embarrassed. "I rarely got real food. Scraps mostly." I couldn't bring myself to say what they really fed me. They treated me like an animal and I didn't know a life outside of it so I never questioned it.

Eraserhead must have knew I didn't tell him all of it because he was still looking at me expecting an answer.

I sighed. "Cat food. They fed me cat food." I was suddenly not hungry anymore and I pushed the plate of warm food away from me.