Chapter 1

This was it. The biggest drug deal my boss has ever done. After this we would all be set, no more splitting the food, no more sleeping on the carpet. After this the boss promised we would all be living high and mighty. We had waited for this day for almost a year now but tonight it was actually happening. I didn't know much about the deal sense I was just the boss' play thing, mostly just eye candy with the other people that he bought with mutant quirks, but I do know that after this, he might not need me anymore.

"You! Cat! Get over here!" I heard the boss's deep voice growl.

"Yes sir." I said. I walked over to where he was sitting and got on my knees and looked down.

"As my most prized mutant, you're coming with me tonight. They said they were bringing their girls and you seem to bring them joy." His voice was gravely and harsh. Every word was like a dagger.

"Of course, sir." I said, knowing all to well the punishments if I spoke out of turn or disagreed with him. My arm is still aching from where he last yanked me to the floor and the bruise on my ribcage is still a dull purple where he kicked me.

"What the hell are you waiting for then cat!" He spat. "Go get ready, we're leaving soon!" He pushed me aside from where I knelt at his feet causing me to catch myself before hitting the ground. I scrambled up and started to get ready. Sense I had to be as perfect as the boss his personal guards came with me to groom me to look as good as any model cat could.

I was scruffy I will admit, I never got a haircut unless the boss wanted and the boss only allowed certain times for us to clean up which never ended well. He treated us like animals and although we all had mutation quirks for some type of animal he still just treated us like the animal we embodied.

My hair was brushed and I got a bath, probably the first one I've had in weeks. After they watched me brush my teeth they handed me clothes that the boss ordered for me.

"Come on Cat! I don't have all night!" I heard the Boss yell. Just the sound of his voice would cause any of us to cower away. I immediately run to his side and he put a hand around the back of my neck. "Good, now then, you will not speak unless spoken to, you will not move from my side unless told," He put his other hand on my neck as well and leaned closer to my ear growling, "understood?" A click finished his statement as a collar was snapped into place around my neck.

"Yes sir." I said. I never knew a life beyond this. I was sold to the boss when I was just a child. Treated like an animal all my life. I learned how to speak from others he had bought before me. Every so often I would hear stories from someone with a rabbit quirk. She said how outside of this place there were people called 'heroes' and they saved people in need. I didn't believe her, I've suffered this long and no so called hero has ever showed up to save me. This is just how the world is. some people are born with power and get to buy others for their own pleasure that are weaker than them and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

A jolt came from around my neck as I was pulled out the house and into a car by a leash now attached to the collar. Armed men stood all around, their stoic expressions made them look like statues. The sun was going down and the deal was about to be made official.

"Look alive kid. You will do as your told and if any of his women want to do anything to you, you let them." The boss said as the car started and sped away.

"Sir?" I questioned but as soon as it came out of my mouth I regretted it. His hand rose and I saw one of his rings shine in light of the setting sun. I gulped and braced myself for the hit but it never came.

"You're lucky you need to look presentable, cat." he lowered his hand but glared knives at me so I looked away from him.

The drive was long, I spent most of the time looking at my hands. They filed my nails back so i couldn't harm anyone, after all my quirk was cat, I can do anything a cat can essentially; I have a tail and ears that resemble that of a cat. I can jump high and always land on my feet along with other useful things. My quirk isn't half bad compared to some of the others.