Chapter 52

Alec's POV

"OH LORD BABY RAZIEL!" 

Alec had fallen asleep, and he had opened his eyes to see two giant miss-matched ones, staring right at him. Naturally, he shot off the sofa and screamed like a five-year-old waking up from a nightmare, like the badass Shadowhunter he was. 

"Alexander, are you okay? What's wrong?" 

Magnus was suddenly by his side, his warm hands cupping Alec's cheek, his eyes filled with concern. 

Alec scanned the tiny room they were in, trying to figure out if he had just imagined the little green guy. 

He had been so concentrated, he hadn't even realized Magnus had been talking to him. 

"...get your mind off of things." Then he seemed to notice that Alec's gaze was bouncing around the room, and that he was not paying attention to his boyfriend's words. 

Alec clutched the hilt of his seraph blade. Magnus noticed.

"Alexander, why so tense?" He laid his hand on top of Alec's, the hand holding the blade. 

Then he saw it. Out of the corner of his eye, the smallest flicker of movement. He was across the room in a half a second, the seraph blade raised. 

"Holla." 

"Alexand- HOW THE HELL DID HE GET IN HERE?!"

Alec lowered his blade slightly, still ready to spring into action. He watched warily as Magnus approached the small green creature. 

"I doth not cullionly any harmeth," He said, holding his Red Sox baseball cap, (which was now covered in glitter)in front of his chest, almost as if it would protect him from the glowing blade Alec still had pointed at him. Bob shifted uncomfortably, waiting for the others to say something. 

"What do you want?" Magnus asked. His tone wasn't harsh, but it wasn't exactly soft. He sounded unsure, just how Alec felt. 

The small creature began to speak extremely fast, which made it even harder for them to understand considering his thick accent and old English. 

Alec and Magnus remained silent throughout Bob's little storytime, and only spoke once he was finished. 

"So let me get this straight," Magnus said, pointing at Bob with two fingers. "You want revenge on Jonathan because he killed your sister?"

Bob nodded.

"And the only reason you were working for him was to find his weaknesses?" Alec inquired. 

Another nod. 

Alec locked eyes with his boyfriend, having a conversation expressed entirely in stares. 

In the end, they decided that they would hear him out. It wasn't like the little guy would be able to do anything to them, except maybe if his suspenders could turn into nunchucks or something. 

"Magnus, are you sure?"

The warlock smiled reassuringly at him. "Yes, Alexander. You go. Jace has been waiting."

Jace's POV

He and Alec were supposed to be training while on the ship. The deck was quite large and thankfully the sail provided a good bit of shade. 

He heard footsteps and looked up to see his parabatai, dressed in sweatpants and a tank top along with his combat boots, walking towards him. Alec's hair was combed, which was pretty rare, so it lay flat against his head. His eyes reflected the sun, and Jace couldn't really tell if they were hazel or green at the moment.