Chapter 18: Corn Dogs

I HATE WATTPAD SOMETIMES GOD IT JUST DELETED SOME OF MY PARTS LIKE THE ENDING AND MY AUTHOR'S NOTE I FIXED THE ENDING BUT LET ME FIX THIS SHIT TOO- anyways~ hewwo guys!!! sorry this took so long i've been really busy and lowkey stressed with school starting (and covid at my school LOL) but i'll try and release the next chpts faster <3 also thank you so much for getting me to 36k!!! that's incredible i literally cannot believe how far this book has come and it only makes me want to get it further!!! really thank you so much, i know it's not much but i've never had this much success with a book before <3 anyways please enjoy this chpt it was lowkey hard to write but i think i finally got a good concept for it hehe it's also long so happy reading <3 *also please stay safe and healthy guys ilysm 🥺💕*

"Hey Garou," I called out, his phone in one of my hands and some broken plastic in the other. He peeked his head from out of the bedroom, tugging on his shirt as he walked toward me. It was a simple tee shirt rather than his usual black martial arts shirt; I had ended up buying him the shirt on a whim as I thought that the design would look nice on him and, surprisingly enough, he wore it quite often. "Yeah, what's up, Y/n?"

"Is this the phone charm I got you?" I opened my closed palm to reveal the shattered plastic toy and the snapped string that used to attach it to the device. Garou's face paled a bit when he saw the object as I glanced down at the ground, biting my lip softly. "If you didn't like it, then you didn't have to use it-"

"The string snapped when I was walking and I accidentally stepped on it," Garou interrupted me, hastily taking the pieces from my hand and shoving it into his pocket. "I didn't want you to be upset so I didn't tell you," He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, his cheeks turning a soft pink hue. It was such an uncharacteristically bashful look from him, but I found it to be absolutely adorable. I playfully punched his chest, probably blushing myself. "I wouldn't have been upset, you big dummy."

"I-I was just trying to be nice!" Garou pushed my head down teasingly, both of us laughing in harmony. "How's your shoulder feeling, by the way?" It had been a few weeks since we had been attacked and I assumed that it was healed by now, but I couldn't help but worry. Garou rolled his eyes, holding his shoulder and rotating his arm a bit, as if to stretch it. "Ever since you did your healing on it, it's been fine. I'm more worried about your arm," He gingerly touched the bandages that were still wrapped around my bicep.

The catch with my powers was that I could heal anyone but myself; any wound inflicted upon me would simply heal at the same speed as any other human. I shrugged with a grin. "It's fine. Really, it is." I tapped the end of his nose with a wink. "Especially since I have Dr. Garou to tend to it for me~" He pushed me away again, his lips pulling into a wide smile. "Yeah, remind me to never worry about you ever again."

"Aww, c'mon, I know that you can't resist!" I latched onto his arm as he tried to walk away, leaning my head against him with I cooed. Garou huffed out of exasperation, still trying to move forward. I was no match for his strength so he ended up just dragging me into the kitchen as I tried to cuddle him. "Let's go shopping today," I had finally let go of him to let him pour himself a cup of coffee. After he did so, I held out my hands expectantly with an innocent smile. Garou didn't miss a beat and handed me a filled cup, only to then point to the fridge. I opened it and grabbed the coffee creamer, pouring some in mine and then in his. This was standard morning routine when I wasn't working.

Garou took a sip of his coffee and let out a content sigh before looking at me again as I stirred mine. "Shopping? But we're basically broke and you know that."

"We're not broke!" I protested, setting the spoon down in the sink before taking a sip of my own. "Yeah, that's why I said basically broke and not just broke." I glared at Garou who looked like he found himself to be quite amusing. "Haha, very funny." My voice was flat with annoyance as I brought my shoulders in defensively, drinking some more coffee. "Why?" Garou's question made me look up from my cup again. "Is there something that you wanted?"