Chapter 5: I Took Your Hoodie

hey guys!!! hope you're enjoying this book so far, it's been a blast to write ^^ i have been thinking about changing the cover, so let me know your thoughts on that! also, if you want to make one for this book i'm all for it, so please just dm me about it!!! anyways, that concludes my author's note. please enjoy this chapter <3

edit: i got a new cover now!!! it was made for me by @mellifluous_taemin so a big thank you to them *\(^o^)/*

The shrill ring of my alarm jolted me out of my otherwise perfect sleep. I groaned softly, swinging wildly in it's general direction and constantly missing. Soon my sounds of annoyance were harmonized by deeper growls, Garou tightening his hold on me. "What the hell, Y/n..." He sleepily moaned, rubbing his face with one hand as I finally was able to reach the off button.

"Sorry, sorry..." I turned my head to see his disheveled expression and I offered up an apologetic smile. "Now let go please, I gotta get to work,"

"What? The sun's not even up yet. Five more minutes." He stubbornly kept his grip on me firm as I struggled to escape his grasp. "C'mon, Garou, I can't be late... Please!" Giggles escaped me as I tried to pry his arms open, knowing that it was futile considering the immense difference in our strength.

"Fine..." Grudgingly, he let me go and I slipped out from under the covers, careful to cover him back up. "Know that I won't be so nice tomorrow morning." He threatened me as I opened my closet to grab my clothes for the day. Turning around, I met eyes, but he couldn't have looked less threatening, sitting up on my pink blankets. I laughed, closing the closet with my foot. "I'd like to see you try."

Garou smirked, falling back against the pillows. "Challenge accepted."

I got ready in record time, terrified of being late after what had happened yesterday. I grabbed a protein bar for breakfast and sprinted out the door. Once I was out of the complex, I slowed down, walking through the empty streets that were still dark.

Even though winter was ebbing away, it was still way too cold for me to leave the house without wearing anything extra; today I had picked out Garou's hoodie. The soft black fabric was surprisingly warm, covering a good portion of my body. "He won't even notice that it's gone, right?"

"Morning!" I pushed open the cafe doors, locking them behind me to keep any customers out since we weren't open yet. "Y/n-chan! You actually decided to show up today!" Haruhi popped up from behind the register, a teasing grin on her face. "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that..." I brought my palms together with an ashamed grin.

"You better be!" Picho walked out from the back with a mop, shoving it in my direction. "I almost had to face the morning rush by myself!"

"I'm really sorry!" This time I bowed my head, not wanting to incur his wrath anymore than I was already going to. "Oh, please Picho! Let's focus on what's really important here!" I lifted my head to see Haruhi hop over the counter, landing with our noses almost touching. "What I really want to know about is," Picho was suddenly at my back, holding my waist and preventing any attempt of escape. "Who that mysterious man on the phone was!"

"EH?! What do you mean?!" Then I remembered Garou telling me that he had spoken on the phone with someone from here. "His name was Garou, wasn't it?" Picho completely disregarded my complaints and Haruhi nodded furiously. "Yeah, yeah it was Garou! Who's Garou?! And I heard that you were sleeping with him too! Where'd our little good girl Y/n-chan go?!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down! I think that you two have the wrong idea!" They paused, Haruhi looking up at Picho then back down at me. "What are you talking about? That was a guy on the phone, right?"