Chapter 6: The Hudson Family

Y/N's POV
"The device is still in one piece, thank goodness." "And who the hell are you?" "Sorry I haven't properly introduced myself. Shiftwell, Holley Shiftwell." "Okay Shitwell." "Y/N! Watch your language!" "Tch. Whatever." "Let's have a look at then photo then." she puts in a device and it shows a picture of... a prosthetic leg?

"What's with the leg?" I ask pointing to it? "What do you mean?" "That leg is one of the oil powered ones, it's old but dad gum this person is lucky! He's got new parts to this leg. See those boxes, they're very rare." "Mater's right, those parts can only be found in a black market, if you know who the right person is, you have high chances of getting those parts." "It's amazing how smart but violent you are." "Thanks dad, that might be the only complement you given me all my life." "Now don't start this again, I left was because for your safety!" "What I wanna know how grandpa even know about this?" "Y/N look, the Hudson family isn't as what it may seem. The Hudson family has been working for the British Intelligence for generations, unfortunately your mother got caught into a bad situation, her engine in that car was foiled with bad some people that wanted her dead. That's when everything went wrong."

I look down at the floor, I felt hatred, anger, cocky. If you wanted to keep mom safe you should've kept your stupid job a secret! "Enough about that, but now that you're the right age you can join in and help us. This is tradition." "Fine after this is all over, I'm leaving this hellhole. I'm not joining any spy shit or anything." "Y/N!" "I'm old enough to say what I want and make my own decisions, and I think that join your little agency would be a mistake." "Can't we just focus on the task at hand." "No one asked for your opinion Shitwell." "Y/N that's enough!" he calms down before looking back at the photo "I know a man in Paris, a treacherous lowlife, and black market parts dealer. But he's the only man in the world who can tell us who's leg is this."

After that little argument we set a course for France, it was lovely, except there was a lot of traffic. We saw most of the famous sites here, I actually got to see the Eiffel Tower, in person! I'm still geek out about it!

We were close to the black market and once I saw the market I now understand why dad didn't want us to shop. There were clothing, jewelry, accessories, and parts for cars, along with parts for prosthetic body parts as well. I looked around and then saw dad hiding with Holley, guess he found him. "Y/N, get back! You too Mater!" the man that was speaking speaking French to someone else looked at both of us I smiled and waved and kept walking while Mater quickly hid. He then began to run away, he must've saw dad in the wall of mirrors behind us.

I took a short cut on the way, I caught him by round house kicking him, sending him back in pain. I dragged him to an area more private as he struggled against me grip. We finally found an area more private and I tossed him to the ground in front of dad, he seemed to have lost his arm. Apparently the two know each other like friends, which I find a bit odd? "Who's the kid?" "I'm twenty two!" "This is my daughter, she's helping me with the investigation." "I'm helping because you got me dragged into this." "Great, another McMissile, this is like the Hudson family." "How do you know about my family?" "Wait, you're one of the Hudson Family members!?" "Yes, why?" "They're an old friend of mine, I've know your family for years! How M/N by the way, I heard she hooked up with you Finn?" "She's dead, along with my grandpa the Hudson Hornet. And I'm not taking McMissile as my last name, you can forget about it." "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, she and I were good friends she even bought some of the spare parts here sometimes, she was my favorite customer."

Holley interrupts the conversation by showing him the photo, he says that he sold them to the person with the leg, he thought it was for a car but he didn't know it was for a leg. It's model was the worst design ever, that's when Mater made a comment about old prosthetics back in the day(in this time line, prosthetics used old parts or scraps to build lost limbs, the lemon cars in the film are different types of styles of prosthetics that kinda worked. Society made fun of the way they were made and how they looked, also it took oil for the joints to move when they would lock up. It also powered the limbs which became deadly for their health, but then transformed into more machine than human. That's the reason why they needed oil, and why they're on the biggest oil reserve in the world.).

They had a meeting in two days in Porto Corsa, Italy. I always wanted to go there, but that's where Monty's next race is, and there could be a new chance our mysterious leg man will be there. The man, or known as Tomber, sent the leg man a new clutch assembly yesterday. And now that we know where we're heading next, our chances are high of catching this guy. "Oh, by the way, it was lovely seeing you miss Hudson. May the Hudson family live on." "Thank you Tomber, I'll sure to come by if I need any parts." "It would be an honor miss Hudson."

Next thing you know we're on a train to Italy. "Y/N, what are you doing?" "I'm gonna call my boyfriend, why?" "Do you really think we have time for that?" "You may not, but I have." I started calling Monty but he didn't answer, it only switched to voice mails. "Hey baby, don't worry about Mater, he's fine, I'm fine as well. I recently met someone, it turns out that he's my dad. Just call me when you can okay? Love ya." I ended the voice mail and looked at my dad. "Don't. Say it." I said walking away from the whole thing that was happening. I just want to be back in Monty's arms, but as soon as this is all over things can go back to normal, right?

Lightning's POV
I was still sad that I fought with Mater, not to mention Y/N. I was planning to propose to her when I won the race but I was too stupid! We were at Luigi and Guido's village which was pretty sweet, but it wasn't the same without Y/N and Mater. Uncle Topolino notices my behavior and comes over to me "You seem down, what's the problem, had a fight with a friend?" "My friend and girlfriend, I wanted to propose to her for awhile but when I got to in a fight with my best friend, she got involved and I hurt her feelings." "I see what your saying, but come take a stroll with me." he said as we walked around the party that was happening around us.

"You love this girl, no?" "With all my heart." "Then your fight shouldn't matter, and as for your friend, you care about both of them right?" "Yes." "That's what matters. When Luigi and Guido used to work for me, they would fight about Ferrari's, there were some non-Ferrari fights, but they still stayed friends. And as for your girlfriend, you both love each other. And nothing's gonna change that, and if you two meet again, tell her that you love her with your heart. Wait till the right moment to propose to her, then she'll be bound to accept it. Love is important, and you have to cherish it." he said before leaving me alone.

I take out the small box and look at it until I feel a vibration in my other pocket. I put the box away and take out my phone to see 3 missed phone calls from Y/N, and one voice mail. I start playing the voice mail, I missed her voice, it always calmed me down when I was upset. "Hey baby, don't worry about Mater, he's fine, I'm fine as well. I found someone," my heart shattered, is she breaking up with me over the phone!? "turns out he's my dad." I sighed in relief, but didn't her father leave her? Why did he show up to her now? "Just call me when you can okay? Love ya." my heart sank, if I hadn't been so obsessed with winning, Y/N and Mater would still be here.