Chapter 5: What's Happening

Y/N's POV
Tonight was Monty's big race, I'm so proud of him. Mater was gonna have a blast helping him win this, I'm glad he came along, it would be boring without him. I wonder what's dad doing right now? Probably somewhere else halfway across the world solving a case. I was wearing jeans with (favorite shoes), a t-shirt that said fries before guys, and a zip up hoodie. I watched Lightning on the monitor's inside the pits, it was amazing to see all the cars make that lovely sound, engines that purrs like a kitten, I couldn't help but jump.

Finn's POV
"Why is he in the pits? He's fully exposed." "It's his cover." I said, I then saw Y/N jumping up and down with a smile on her face. I felt a warm feeling in my heart, it was wonderful to see her happy.

3rd person POV
One of the cars suddenly blows an engine, the two thugs high five each other before one of them spots Y/N and Mater. "Hey it's that dude from the bathroom, and the girl." "What?" "This might be our lucky day! We get the device and the girl in one shot!" "Well where are they!?" "They're in the pits!" "Perfect!" One of them then runs away to the pits.

Finn and Holley watch from a distance with cameras "Hold on, it's the lime green man from the party and the platform. Their numbers match." "Then he won't be alone." "They're everywhere! And they're heading straight for- oh no!" Finn realizes that Y/N's in the pits with Mater and leaves as fast as he could.

Mater was enjoying all the energy around him when a voice started speaking through his headset "Get out of the pits now!" "What?" "Get out of the pits, take Y/N with you, you're both in danger!" "Alright but I need more when I meet a lady friend. Hey miss Y/N, my girlfriend wants to meet you." "What? You have a girlfriend, aww, I would love to meet her but maybe after the race." "Come on miss Y/N, think you'll like her." "Wait what?" Mater grabs her hand and takes her outside the pits.

"Mater what's going on?" Y/N said as she was dragged through multiple alleyways until Mater stopped at a flower shop "Hey lady friend, do you like flowers?" Mater said completely ignoring his surroundings, Y/N then sees one of the thugs appeared and looking straight at them "Mater..." "This way Y/N." "Woah!" Y/N was then dragged away again by Mater. "Mater, please tell me what's going on?!" she shouts but he doesn't listen. "You want me to go towards that ruckus?" Mater asks as he goes down an alleyway towards where Finn was fighting off a couple of the thugs.

"Woah! This is cool!" Mater says as he watches Finn fight the thugs, Y/N finally walks over and sees him "Dad?!" she shouts as he finishes off the last thug. Finn turns around sees Y/N and Mater "What are you doing here?" Y/N asks before a group of people walk out one of the buildings beside him. He disappears with the group leaving Y/N confused and worried. "That was your dad? He's awesome! Maybe he can teach me those cool moves." Y/N looks around for her father but no luck "Let's just get back to the pits." she said before walking back with Mater to an not so happy McQueen.

"Mater! Wait, Y/N?!" "McQueen, oh thank god." Y/N said before hugging him tightly "Where were you two? And Mater, why were you yelling things at me while I was racing!?" "I was gonna on my date, my lady friend wanted to meet Y/N too." "So took Y/N with you!? And date?!" "She started as voice in my head telling me where to go when I saw Y/N's dad with other people doing a karate street performance, one of them had a flamethrower." "Wait what!? First off, how the hell do you know Y/N's father looks like? You haven't even met the dude! Second, a flamethrower!?" "McQueen, calm down. This is all a big misunderstanding." "Wait I didn't screw ya up didn't I?" "I lost the race because of you!" "McQueen!" "Y/N, no. These are the reason I don't bring you along things Mater!" "Maybe if I could've explained it to someone maybe it would've help." "I don't need your help! I don't want your help!" Mater then leaves, Y/N then slaps McQueen's face.

"What the hell is your problem Monty!?" "Y-Y/N I-" "You could've at least been a little nicer to him!" "Well he messed me up!" "Who cares if you win or loose!?" "I care! And you wouldn't keep nagging me about it maybe you're better off with Mater!" Y/N taken back by this, she tries to hold back her tears "Then dating you was a mistake from beginning." she before walking away to follow Mater. McQueen realized what he had said to her, he kicks a stack of tires over in frustration before taking a small box. He opens it up to reveal a beautiful ring "God, I'm such an idiot!" he shouts before closing the box, putting it back in his pocket and walking back out of pits.

Y/N's POV
I was with Mater at the airport, he looked hurt, and I tried my best to comfort him. "Hey, it wasn't your fault. You didn't know what was happening." "Thanks miss Y/N, you always know what to say." we got in line for our flight but an officer walked to us. "You two come with me please." "Damn it. What we do this time?" "Language miss Y/N, we could get into more trouble." "Fine." I said as we walked with the officer to someplace with a bar, wasn't the holding area the other way?

The pixels formed around the officer and showed "Dad?! What are you doing here?" "This is your dad? Well that's just awesome, a family reunion." "Mater not now."

Finn's POV
"Dad, what are you doing here?" "Protecting you and the device." I said before checking my monitor and seeing the same two thugs from the race and platform. "Why do we need the girl again Acer?" "You're an absolute idiot Grem, the Professor wants her so he can break that stupid spy's spirit." so they're after Y/N too. This is making my job harder. "I haven't properly introduced myself, Finn McMissile. British Intelligence. "Tow Mater, average intelligence." "Who are you with? FBI? CIA?" "Dad-" "Not now Y/N." "Let's just say I'm triple A affiliated. I know some karate."

I checked my monitor again and see the two thugs again, they're getting closer. "Dad can you please tell me what the hell is going on?" "First of all, watch your language. And don't worry, I'll explain later as soon as get to my car." I take out a small device and toss it against the window beside us. It sticks and releases a rod and begins to cut the glass in a perfect circle. As soon as it finished I tapped the glass and it fell onto the ground "We gotta go or we're gonna miss our flight." "Don't worry. I'll take care of that." I grabbed onto Y/N and Mater and jumped out the window and into my car.

Curse warning ⚠️
The hood came back on and I turned to Y/N "Y/N I need you drive while I'll take of them." "Hell yeah! An actual car chase, now this is racing!" "Watch your language Y/N." "Can't promise shit!" she hit the gas petal and we took off. "Y/N, didn't I say to watch your language." "Sorry old man but this too fun!" "Hey Finn, your karate buddies are back again. And look like they're try'en catching up."

"Y/N, keep driving forward, and whatever you don't stop!"

"Finn, it's Sid. I'm on approach." "Roger that." "Dad, some bitch is now blocking us." "Y/N!" "Sorry not sorry."

Sid lands the plane in front of us as Y/N is still cursing, I knew leaving her with Doc was a mistake. "Y/N drive straight into the plane!" "Why!?" "Just do it!" "Alright old man." she drove straight into the plane before the second thug could hit us. "We really need to work on you to stop cursing when you drive." "I can't help it, the adrenaline is too much for me to handle." Y/N said giggling "Now I definitely know it was mistake to leave with Hudson. Ahh!" "Disrespect my grandfather and you'll have more than just a dislocated shoulder." she said before pushing it back into place "Agh! How do have this much strength and know about critical injuries." "Grandpa was a judge and a doctor, he taught me a thing or two, and I workout because driving a race car isn't easy. You have to turn the wheel which is really hard because you're pushing 30 to 40 pounds, so it's hard to steer if you don't have the strength." "How do you know all this?"

We got out of my car right when Mater answered my question "Well that's because miss Y/N used to race, but she stopped after that big crash in LA four years ago. The famous racer the King couldn't race because of an injury so she took his place, but she was asleep for a couple of days." "So that's why you know so much about driving, and why you were in a coma!" "How do know about the crash!? Are you stalking me?!" "I was keeping an eye on you!" "Well that doesn't mean you have to drag me into your bullshit!" "Watch your language young lady." "You can't tell me shit! You left mom, and you left me! What kind of father does that!?" "I was keeping you safe! And now bad people are after you! Don't you understand what's happening!?" "You didn't tell me shit! You weren't there for me what makes you think you can now!?"

"Excuse me, but this isn't the time to argue. We need the device." Miss Shiftwell said, interrupting the argument. "Who the hell cares? Why can't we just go home?" "Y/N! Your life is in danger, and so is his!" I started to calm down and focus on what's happening "Look Y/N, I'm your father, and what's happening involves you for some reason. And I can't loose you." "Fine, but didn't grandpa know about this?" "It turns out Y/N, there's a lot more to the Hudson family than you realize."