Chapter 4

It slowly grew colder outside as winter had soon arrived. During that time, Ginger and the flock went to visit Kali and made new friends with a mute boy named Billy and a calf named Annabelle. 

Eventually Spring came again, as you could tell by the flowers blooming and new life appearing all around. 

Ricky and Etta had grown up a bit as they were starting to lose their yellow feathers. 

The chickens decided it was finally time to go back to see Tod and Copper again and made the trip back to Widow Tweed's farm. When they arrived, they first spotted Dinky and Boomer up on a telephone pole. Apparently they had Squeaks trapped under some glass up there, but the two birds ended up getting electrocuted. 

After witnessing that, the chickens found Tod over by the fence along with Big Mama. But Tod looked different now. Now he was a fully grown fox. Plus he was wearing a collar. 

"Hey, Tod!" They called out, waving to their friend. 

The fox turned around, seeing the chickens coming over towards him and beamed. "Hi, fellas!"

"Hi, Tod!" The chickens greeted.

"It's good to see you" Etta smiled. 

"Welcome back, guys!" Big Mama told the flightless birds. 

Rocky came up to the now adult fox, smirking. "Hey, now this can't be the same scrawny little squirt we found by the fence post last summer, can it? Come on"

"Oh, it's me all right" Tod chuckled. 

"Looks like you've hit a growth spurt, laddie" Fowler commented. 

"You look great, Tod" Ginger told the adult fox. 

"So do all of you" Tod smiled at his feathered friends. 

"We've sure missed you" Ricky admitted. 

"Just promise you're not gonna eat us" Nobby joked, making the others laugh. 

"Oh, come on. Cut it out" Tod told his bird friends. "You guys are always teasing me"

Soon, the gang heard Amos singing as he was driving back home with his two hunting dogs. 

"Look, Big Mama!" Tod beamed. "Copper's back!" 

"Oh, that can't be Copper" Babs said, not knowing he had grown up too. "Copper's a wee pup"

"Wow, he's sure grown big" The chickens noticed. 

"Uh-huh. And look at that big pile of skins he helped track down" Big Mama pointed out. 

"I bet he's learned a lot from that trip" Mac commented. 

"I know, guys. He's a hunting dog now" Tod turned to his friends. 

"And you're a fox" Bunty reminded. 

"Oh, that won't make any difference" Tod said before smiling. "Copper's gonna be glad to see me"

"Well, honey, just don't get your hopes too high" Big Mama advised him. 

"She's right, you know" The adult chickens agreed. 

"Look, don't worry. I'll be careful" Tod told them. "I'll go over tonight when Chief and the hunter are sound asleep"

The chickens weren't so sure about this. But they still remained hopeful for their friends. 

Awhile later as dusk was setting in, Tod snuck over to Amos's house along with the chickens to see Copper. 

"Do you think Copper will remember us?" Ricky whispered.

Ginger and Rocky meet the Fox and the Houndजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें