Chapter 2

The chickens had quickly adapted to Widow Tweed's farm. They were all shown hanging out in the barn while Tweed was doing her chores and Tod was exploring. 

"Now this is the life" Nobby sighed, resting on a hay pile. 

Babs was next to Nobby, kitting as usual when she mentioned. "This farm life isn't quite so bad"

"That's cause this farm ain't Tweedys farm" Bunty replied. 

Ginger and Rocky were watching Tod wander around the barn before they noticed he was getting a little too close to a mother hen and her chicks. 

They both gasped. "Tod, no!"

But it was too late. The mother hen chased Tod around which freaked out Widow Tweed's cow, Abigail, causing her bucket of milk to spill all over the place. 

"Oh, no!" Ricky and Etta frowned, knowing Tod would get in trouble. 

Although Tweed was upset that her milk had been spilled she just couldn't stay angry with Tod. This made the chickens smile at the two. Tweed suggested Tod to go and play outside while the chickens went with the fox kit to make sure he stayed out of trouble. 

"A barn is honestly no place for a fox, what what!" Fowler told Tod. 

"Aye, but there's all kinds of fun to be had out here" Mac assured the young fox. 

Tod sighed before he looked up and saw two familar birds flying by. 

"Hey, it's Dinky and Boomer" He said. 

The chickens all looked up, seeing that the fox was right. 

"I wonder what they're up to" Nobby said. 

"Proably just some typical dumb bird stuff I'll bet" Rocky replied with a hint of jealousy in his voice, since Dinky and Boomer could fly unlike the chickens. 

"Maybe they'll want to play" Tod smiled, chasing after them. 

The chickens were quick to follow the young fox as they soon came upon a tree where Dinky and Boomer had landed. The chickens could hear Boomer pecking away at something, which was already seeming to give the adults headaches. 

"Oi! I swear if he doesn't stop..." Bunty covered her ears, looking like she wanted to pound Boomer's head into the ground. 

"Hiya, fellas!" Tod smiled to the birds. "Wanna play?"

"What are you guys doing up there?" Ricky called up to the goldfinch and woodpecker in the tree. 

Dinky came flying down to a lower branch, telling the fox and flightless fowls. "Stay out of this, kid. This don't concern any of you"

The gang figured out that the birds were trying to catch a vermin they had been after for a long time. A caterpillar called Squeaks. 

"This is just embarrassing" Bunty commented as the chickens watched the show from below. 

It soon ended when Boomer fell out of the tree, hitting the ground hard while the gang winced. 

"Are you okay?" Etta asked Boomer. 

"What happened to ya?" Tod added. "Golly!"

"Oh, shucks!" The woodpecker said. "I think I bent my b-b-b-beak"

"Now see what you done?" Dinky glared, coming down to his friend. "You cost us our breakfast!"

"I cost us our breakfast! It was your fault!" Boomer glared back at his friend as the two birds started arguing. 

"And this is why I do my work in food business alone" Nobby commented to his fellow fowls.

"A worm? For breakfast? Yuck!" Tod cringed, finding that gross.