Chapter 4

You were practicing for Dawn's contest when a loud "(Y/nnn)!" and something knocking you over, cut off your Thunder Punch and knocked the air out of you, making you and whatever knocked you down tumble into a tree.

Whatever knocked you over got off you as you lifted your head up "alright! What's the big ide-" you cut yourself off when you noticed who had knocked you down, it was an odd coloured Zorua(Image above, it's a fan made shiny Zorua :³ Art isn't mine). You gasped happily "Natsu!" You exclaimed and hugged your old friend, lifting his small body off the ground.

Dawn came over to you two as you let go of Natsu "(Y/n), who's this?" You grinned pulled a small pencil sized stick from your fur and wrote 'This is Natsu! He's my old friend from when I was with Mary.' in the dirt making Dawn nod her head with a frown.

Natsu turned to you in confusion "(Y/n)... Where is Mary? Your trainer?" He asked you, you frowned "she uhh abandoned me after I lost to the champion of this region. Where's your trainer?" You said, worried about your friend.

"He also abandoned me when he found a stronger Pokemon..." Natsu said looking down making the Pokemon around you both make sounds of sadness.

Ash noticed the Pokemon's sadness and walked over as Natsu ran behind you shyly at Ash's arrival, you turned to Natsu with a soft smile "There's no reason to be shy Natsu, Ash is very nice!" You said and smiled when Natsu nodded and walked from behind you and walked over to Ash, smiling when he pet his head.

Natsu looked up Ash and smiled, tail wagging happily when Ash stopped petting him, Natsu ran up to you "(Y/n)! I have a great idea!" He said to you happily. You grinned "what is it Natsu?" You asked.

"I want Ash to catch me!" Natsu replied happily, you nodded and quickly ran to Ash's bag pulled out a Pokeball and ran to Ash, placed the Pokeball infront of him.

Ash tilted his head in confusion making you laugh lightly and pointed to the Pokeball then pointed at Natsu who was writing something in the dirt with his tail.

Ash walked over with the Pokeball in his hand as Natsu finished his writing "I want you to catch me, you are way nicer than my old trainer, who abandoned me when he found a stronger Pokemon. And please call me Natsu!"

After Ash read the words he frowned and nodded lightly and tapped the Pokeball on Natsu's head once the Pokeball clicked confirming Natsu's capture, Ash realised him with a grin. Natsu happily hopped on Ash's shoulder and happily rubbed his head against Ash's cheek making Ash's eyes sparkled at the affection making everyone laugh.