Chapter 11: Burial Mounds

Wei WuXian, "Lan Zhan."

Lan WangJi, "Hm?"

Wei WuXian, "Are you free today?"

Lan WangJi. "Mn."

Wei WuXian, "Can you follow me to the Burial Mounds today?"

Lan WangJi blinked, "Why do you want to go there for?"

Wei WuXian, "Just...want to...relive the memories there..."

Lan WangJi, "Alright."

Wei WuXian jumped onto Lan WangJi, "Thank you Lan Er-gege! You are the best!"

When they reached the entrance of the Cloud Recesses, they were stopped by Lan QiRen.

Lan WangJi, "Uncle"

Wei WuXian, "Old Senior Lan."

Lan QiRen, "Mn. Going out?"

Lan WangJi, "Mn."

Wei WuXian, "That's right."

Lan QiRen, "Mn. Take care and have a safe journey."

Lan QiRen walked away.

Wei WuXian was confused, "That's weird. He does not seem to hate the sight of me today."

Lan WangJi found it a bit strange also, but he did not think too much about it. He grabbed Wei WuXian by the waist and they flew on Bichen.

Halfway through the journey, Wei WuXian knew that Lan WangJi would pamper him no matter what, so he decided to act like a baby.

Wei WuXian whined, "Lan Zhan...I am colddddddd..."

Lan WangJi hugged Wei WuXian. "Feel warmer?"

Wei WuXian, "Mnnn...I still feel cold..."

Lan WangJi pulled him closer and rubbed his arms.

Wei WuXian, "Lan Zhannnnn....my legs are tired..."

Lan WangJi chuckled, "Let's sit down then."

They sat down on Bichen. Wei WuXian leaned onto Lan WangJi's chest.

Wei WuXian grinned and thought to himself. "I just knew Lan Zhan would pamper me. Since he does, I might as well act like a spoiled child. Hehehe."

Wei WuXian hugged Lan WangJi's waist.

Lan WangJi smiled and patted Wei WuXian's head. "What's with you today?"

Wei WuXian, "Hehe, I just love you is all."

Lan WangJi chuckled, "I love you too."

They stared into each other's eyes for a while. They leaned closer and closer...

Closer...

Their soft, warm lips touched, and they slowly closed their eyes.

Lan WangJi placed his hand onto Wei WuXian's cheek, and stroked it. But when Wei WuXian opened his eyes, he saw behind Lan WangJi, there was a tree. He pulled away from his lips, "Lan Zhan! Look out!"

Lan WangJi waved his hand and Bichen flew up higher.

Lan WangJi, "Dont worry. I know. As long as I am here, you won't get hurt."

Wei WuXian smiled.

After some time, they finally arrived at the Burial Mounds. They walked around. Wei WuXian was looking all around, and all the memories started to come back. He sighed and look down. There used to be a group of people with him here. Everyday, he would wake up to a sight of people, busy planting crops and washing clothes. Once they saw him, they would smile and greet him, "Young Master Wei!"