Chapter 6: I'm sorry

TamagoSushi: Hello everyone! Thank you so much for supporting this story so far! I really appreciate it :) Just a heads up, this chapter will be about Wei WuXian and Jin Ling. I want to write a chapter about them making up! Hope you will like it :) Don't worry! There will be a mini scene of WangXian at the end! ^^ <3

Wei WuXian opened his eyes. The first thing he heard was the sound of birds chirping. It is already broad daylight. He thought to himself, "Lan Zhan isn't back yet huh?" He got up to wash up and get dressed. Then, he went out of the JingShi. He wanted to sit at the entrance of the Cloud Recesses to wait for his husband to return. He wanted him to be the first person Lan WangJi sees when he returns from his night hunt, and he needs his every morning or afternoon hug, depending on the time he wakes up.

He sat at the entrance and played with the rabbits. Just then, he heard footsteps. He immediately looked up with delight, but unfortunately, it wasn't the person he was expecting to see. It was an all to familiar figure.

Jin Ling?!

Wei WuXian, "Jin Ling? What are you doing here?"

Jin Ling, "I came to return this to you. Uncle refused to come here no matter how many times I pester him, so I decided to come here myself." He shoved something into Wei WuXian's face.

It was Suibian.

Wei WuXian remembered, after the fight with Jiang Cheng, as told by Lan WangJi, Wen Ning revealed the truth about his golden core, and so Suibian remained in Jiang Cheng's hand, up till this day.

Wei WuXian, "Ah thank you." He took his sword. He unsheathed it to admire the sharp blade. He ran his fingers through the name carved onto the sword. He smiled and thought to himself, it is good to have his sword back. "Are you leaving now?"

Jin Ling, "What would I come here all the way only to pass you this and leave? It would be such a waste of trip! Do you know how long it took me to get here?!"

Wei WuXian, "As lively as ever I see. So what are you planning to do?"

Jin Ling, "I was thinking of night hunting with SiZhui, JingYi and ZiZhen again. But first, you owe me something."

Wei WuXian, "What do I owe you?"

Jin Ling, "An explanation!"

Wei WuXian, "For?"

Jin Ling, angered, "Your memory is really bad! What did you say you will tell me next time?"

Wei WuXian gave him a very puzzled look. Jin Ling, "Tsk. At Koi Tower!"

Wei WuXian, "Ah, that time when you stabbed me."

Jin Ling, "I am not sorry for it! Anyway that is not the point! You said you will explain to me everything next time!"

Wei WuXian, "Ah right, right. Yeah, you deserve to know everything. So erm, what do you want to know first of all?"

Jin Ling, "Everything. From the start to finish."

Wei WuXian, "Sit down then."

They both sat. Wei WuXian felt really nervous, but he knows that he must do the right thing. This child has every right to know the truth.

Wei WuXian, "You would be surprised to hear this, but your father, at first, he didn't like your mother at all."

Jin Ling was indeed surprised. His gasp could be heard.

Wei WuXian, "He would often talk to her rudely. There was once when he made her cry. Every time he did so, I would punch him."

Jin Ling, "Is that why you hate him so much? And thus you killed him?"