Chapter 9

It was Monday morning when Sammy was working on a new song, and Wally burst into his office. Sammy jumped and then yelled at Wally for scaring him half to death.
"Sorry Sammy, Joey told me he wanted to see ya." Wally then left. Sammy gulped and stood up. He left wondering if he was in trouble.
He was told to take a seat when he entered the office. Sammy reluctantly sat and then looked over at Joey. "We're just waiting for Mr.Polk now." He said.
Sammy felt like he was going to start hyperventilate. Norman soon entered the office, stopping when he saw Sammy.
He too now looked worried. "Have a seat Polk, I need to talk to you and Sammy." Joey said. Norman nodded and sat next to Sammy.
"So, Miss.Campbell told me that Wally saw you two doing something but you didn't want anybody to know about it. Is what you were doing wrong or not allowed?" Joey said.
Sammy and Norman sat there gaping their mouths open, not having the slightest clue what to say. Henry suddenly walked into the office, holding some drawings. "Hey Joey, how many members of the butcher gang should there be? Three or four?" He stopped when he saw Norman and Sammy. "Hi." He said.
"Hey Henry, can you help me with something?" Joey said, looking over at the animator. "Yeah, what is it?" Henry asked.
Joey told Henry about Susie coming in and telling him about Sammy and Norman hiding something. Henry's eyes went wide.
Sammy started having a panic attack, he really didn't want Joey to know, he wasn't sure how his boss would take it.
"Y'know Joey I do know what they did." Henry said. Sammy looked like he was going to faint. Norman stared hopefully at Henry.
"What?" Joey asked. "Well, they were just talking about a personal problem that Sammy has, and also trusted me and Norman enough to tell us, but he really doesn't want anybody else to know, then Wally found out and swore not to tell anybody and Susie heard Wally say that and wanted to know." Henry said with the most straight face.
"Oh, in that case, I couldn't care less, sorry for the misunderstanding, you two get back to work please." Joey said.
Sammy and Norman nodded in disbelief, and left. They mouthed a meaningful thanks to Henry on the way out.
"I can't believe Susie did that!" Sammy said. "So, you told Henry without letting me know you told him?" Norman asked.
"Well not exactly..." Sammy explained what happened. "Sometimes you can be so oblivious, it's adorable." Norman smirked.
Sammy blushed and blew air into Norman's face. Norman looked confused. "What was that for?" Sammy giggled and ran down the hall.
"Oh no you don't!" Norman said, chasing after him. He caught up to Sammy and grabbed him, flinging him over his shoulder.
He walked the rest of the way to the music department with Sammy over his shoulder. "Put me down!" Sammy said. "Nah." Norman said, opening the door.
"Why not? I have rights!" Sammy declared. "And I have the upper hand short stuff." Norman said. "Ooo you are so gonna regret saying that." Sammy growled.
Norman just laughed. "Yeah I'm sure I will." He said sarcastically. "Can you put me down now?" Sammy asked.
"No, you belong here now." Norman smirked. "Hmm..." Sammy hummed as he thought of a way to get out of this, then got an idea.
He twisted around so he was able to lick Norman's cheek. Surprised, Norman dropped Sammy and he ran a few feet away, bumping into a desk and falling over.
"What the hell was that!" Norman said. "An escape plan." Sammy said smiling. "I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that!"
Sammy and Norman turned around to see Jack was in the music department working, and saw the whole thing.
"J-Jack!" Sammy stuttered. "So that's what Wally meant by what he saw..." Jack said. "We've really got to stop doing this at work." Norman sighed.
"Yeah, you probably don't want Susie or Joey to see, if they do, then let all hell break loose." Jack said. Sammy went back to work on his song, Norman following him.
Sammy sat at his desk and picked up his pen. "Don't you also have work to do?" Sammy asked. Norman leaned over the back of Sammy's chair and kissed him on the forehead.
"It's lunchtime, so not at the moment." Norman said. "It is?" Sammy looked at the clock and got up again. He followed Norman to the break room and they sat down.
Nobody was in the break room but them. "Hey Sammy, could you stand up for a second?" Norman asked. Sammy stood up, confused.
Norman got down on one knee and started to pull out a tiny box. Sammy covered his mouth with his hands, and then...
The ink pipes everywhere exploded, Norman letting an un earthly screech come out of his mouth. His eyes started glowing, and his skin started turning to ink.
Sammy's skin was also turned to ink, and the huge ink explosion swept them far away from each other.

Sammy woke up from the dream, looking around at his decaying office. He sighed and stared down at his inky hands.
That wasn't a dream, but a memory. Sammy felt inky tears spill out of his eyes, and he accidentally fell through a hole in the floor, falling roughly into an ink puddle.
A bright light shone on him, and he heard the familiar screech that Norman made at the end of his memory.