Chapter 1

Karinas P.o.v.

Hoenn.

The place where I grew up, the place when I decided to go out into the world and journey as a Pokemon trainer.

I started my journey when I was sixteen. I remember picking out my first Pokemon, a Treecko. Shy and brave like me, our friendship is close. It was thanks to that she evolved into an elegant Grovyle, our bond growing even more close.

My second Pokemon was a Eevee, and how we met was suspenseful. She was backed up into a corner of a boulder, being threatened by a group of Shroomish and Breloom. It was tough taking the band of goons down, but they eventually retreated back into their domain. Eevee was finally free of them, so she disappeared into the forest soon after. Little did I know at the time, she was following me, and I was surprised when she approached me after some time. I could tell she wanted to join my team, so I granted her that wish.

Finally, my third Pokemon, whom I only got a couple weeks ago. I was walking along Rustboro City, with my Grovyle and Eevee. It was raining that day, and I could here a faint whimper in one of the dark alleys. I walked toward the sound, revealing a small shoebox and a small bundle of fur in a corner. It lifted it's head, and I was surprised to see a small, baby Poochyena with a sticky note on its fur. I picked it up gently, reading the note. When I realized it was a note from the owner saying it was the runt of the litter and needed to be abandoned, I instantly took it in as if it were already mine.

I sighed, and got up from the table and made my way to the glass doors. "Thank you for visiting us Karina, and we hope to see you again soon!" Nurse Joy called after me.

I smiled and waved behind me. "Don't worry, I will!"

I stepped out into the streets of Petalburg, breathing in the fresh air. "Gro?" I felt a head nudge my side, seeing a familiar green face.

"Yeah, Grovyle? What is it?" I asked her.

She pointed her head to a sign on the walls of the Pokemon Center, a big blue Oran Berry with a Spinda munching on it. "You want to eat some of those, don't you?" Grovyle nodded and poked my bag, feeling the area where I put my poke balls. "And you're saying Poochyena and Eevee want some too?"

"Vyle!" She replied happily.

I sighed, looking out to where the town ends. "But the nearest shop near here to get berries is across Petalburg Woods. We just were over there, Grovyle!" I looked to see Grovyle give me a pleading look, and I groaned. "You really want them, don't you?" I looked into my bag to see how many berries I had, only two Oran berries and three Pecha berries.

"Do you really want to go?" I asked hesitantly.

She nodded. "Gro!"

I smiled. "Alright then, we'll go. But first, let me go to the Poke Mart. I need a couple of Super Potions just in case we run into trouble."

Grovyle only grinned, and we both made our way to the blue building. When we stepped inside, the doors made a slight swish sound, and we were greeted by shelves against shelves, counters lined with counters, and surprisingly, not many people inside.

"Alright, Grovyle, let's look for the Potions..." We looked around for not too long, and were surprised we came face to face with potions of all colors. "Ok, let's see, how about ten? Grovyle, can you help me carry some?"

"I can help you with that."

I turned around, seeing a very friendly face stand before me. "May!" I exclaimed.

May giggled and threw me a hug. "Karina, it's been so long! How are you and Grovyle and Eevee doing?"

I beamed at her. "Great! In fact, let me let them out," I said while grabbing my poke balls.