Chapter 7

I get up and slip my shoes on and grab my car keys and write a note for my dad in case he comes to check on me while I'm gone. I leave the house and get in my car and drive toward the park to meet my child's father and the guy who left me with all this alone. When I pull up to the park I don't see Ryan at first but then I hear a knock on the car window and I unlock the door and Ryan climbs in and we sit in silent for what felt like forever.

        "So what made you drag me all the way out here this late at night?"

        "Well your dad kind of gave me a visit today and he told me whats been going on with you. Look that text message I sent you was true and just because you are pregnant with my child don't change a thing and it never will. I'll pay child support and help raise the kid but I don't want nothing to do with you or the kid anymore. Alex I'm sorry but I'm to young to have a kid right now and to be tied down."

        "Well.....that's fine but just remember when you wake up one day and realize the huge mistake you made by doing this don't come crying back to me and I don't want you involved in my child's life we will be better off without you Ryan! Go sleep with all them whores and maybe then you will realize how good you had it with me! I trusted you Ryan and you end up doing this to me? How could you?

By the time I was finish with all I had to say I was crying and angry but most of all angry that the man I once trusted and loved betrayed me like this and his own child. He did not have anything to say to me after that.

        "Get out of my car Ryan and I never want anything to do with you or your family!"

I started the car an before he could even get the door shut I drove off and cried my whole way home. When I got home my dad was up and he noticed how upset I was and he just hugged me and we stayed like that for awhile. I felt loved again and wanted. Its time to move past Ryan and start over with my life but with something tagging along the way my little butterball.

        "Dad will things get better in life?"

        "Yes baby girl they will but we all have our ups and downs but it will get better one day I promise. Just keep faith in God and he will lead you in the right path."

And we sat and watched movies in the living room till I fell asleep and I felt my dad carry me up the steps and put me to bed. It felt so good to have my dad back in my life for a change. After all he's all I have till my butterball gets here. And I put my hand on my stomach and whispered "Mama loves you baby" and for once I fell asleep relaxed and joyful.