Chapter 6

I woke up to the smell of bacon and my mouth started to water. I got up an walked down the stairs and met my dad in the kitchen cooking.It was 11:00 a.m and I knew something was up.

        "Hi dad what are you doing home?"

        "Oh hi baby girl! And nothing cooking us some break feast. What are you doing"?

        "Ummmm......nothing just woke up had a rough day yesterday."

He didn't say anything for about ten minutes and so I just sat down at the table and looked out the window. My dad set a plate of bacon in front of me and I ate the whole thing.

        "Alex is there something I need to know?"

Here it goes I guess I'm going to face this one day or another. 

        "Yeah but hear me out dad please?"

        "OK"

        "Well you know how I've been sick lately, throwing up and the weird cravings? Well I made a doctor appointment and April took me they did some test and I'm pregnant.....And Ryan broke up with me a couple days ago once he found out I had been sick?"

He just looked at me in shock.

        "Dad I'm sorry this happened like it did and at this time in my life and I understand if you want allow me to live here and I'm sorry about all this and I cant take it back and I've done made up my mind I'm going to keep the baby."

        Baby girl I'm happy for you and I'm sorry I haven't been here for you like a father should be and I hope you can forgive me and I'll let you stay here as long as you need to stay. And for Ryan have you told him about the baby yet?"

I was crying by the time he finished and I just hugged him.

        "No I haven't but he sent me a text message the other night and....I'll just let you read it yourself."

I pulled out my phone and pulled up the text message Ryan had sent me and let my dad read it. I could see anger and hurt but most of all anger. He stood up and slammed my phone down and kissed me on my forehead and told me he would be right back and he had to handle something.

It was about two o' clock by the time my dad got back and he wanted me to come into the living room and sit and talk with him to make plans for the baby.

        "Alex we need to make plans for you and the baby. I was thinking that we could turn one of the guest bedroom into the baby room. We can paint and buy the stuff we need and when will you find out if its a girl or a boy?"

        "I should find out in about four months from now. And dad thinks for being so understanding about this."

        "Your welcome baby-girl your all I have left in this crazy world and I would never let you be in this alone."

After we talked for a while I went up to my room and put a movie in and my phone starts ringing and its from an unknown number. I answer and nothings on the line at first.

Hello? 

Hey Alex this is Ryan we need to talk can you meet me at the park in about 20 minutes?

Yeah I guess I'll be in my car I don't feel like walking tonight.

OK I'll see you there.