Letters You'll Never Read: 1 Feb. 1976

When two brothers write a letter to each other, expressing everything they'll never tell them. Neither will ever be read by the other, but it's easier to get it off your chest.

Letters You'll Never Read: 1 Feb. 1976

Dear Sirius,

I miss you. I miss you a whole lot more than I care to admit. It's been over a month since you left.

It's not like we were close. Last time we did something together, as brothers, you were 11, and I was 10. Look how far we've come since then. Since the little boys who would sneak up to the attic in the middle of the night to play with a little music box.

The day after you left, I went back up there for the first time in years, and just let it play. Reminded me of you. 

Sad to think you'll never read this, Siri. I haven't got the guts to do it. If you ever do read this, I'll have to be dead. Morbid, I know, but it's the truth.

Your little brother, 

R.A.B.

~◇~

Dear Reg,

My biggest "What if" for the rest of my life will be whether or not I should've taken you with me.

Problem is, you've been corrupted by that man and woman's (they don't deserve the term mother and father) prejudice and inhumane values. Maybe if Andy and I taught you better when we were little, it could've been different.

Sad, isn't it? Two people forced to never talk because of their ideology. But, you choose your life, and I choose mine, and that's the way the cookie crumbles. (According to Muggles at least).

I can't send this to you, because that woman would put your head right next to the house elves' if anyone finds a letter from me to you. Just know I love you, and this is for the better.

Your older brother,

Sirius