Marauders: 15 Sep. 1973

Sirius Black and James Potter were actually in class early, for once. It was their first class of the day, and they currently sat in Transfiguration, fooling around while they waited for McGonagall to begin.

"Didn't Remus say that he was coming back to classes today?" Sirius asked quietly, "The full moon was three days ago."

James nodded, "I think so," he looked towards the doorway in hopes of seeing the young werewolf enter.

Instead, Peter Pettigrew entered, panting as if he had been running the whole way. He took his seat next to Sirius, and took a deep, shaky breath, "How... how come I didn't know we were coming to class early today?" He breathed out, "I was looking everywhere for you! At least leave a note next time you leave me in the dorm."

James looked at him, slightly guilty, "Sorry, Pete." He apologized, "We went down to the Great Hall to see if Remus was there, and when he wasn't we ate, and came here to see if he was in class. Since we were already here, we decided to wait for him."

McGonagall walked in, and class began. Both Sirius and James casted worried glances at the door every so often.

About ten minutes into class, the door started to creek open, and Remus slumped his way inside. He was paler than usual, and had a bright red scar across his cheek. He looked at McGonagall, and held his bag tight to his chest.

"Mr. Lupin," McGonagall said kindly, "I'm glad you could join us."

Remus didn't answer, only made his way to his seat next to James.

McGonagall gave him a sympathetic look that only an expert could decipher, "I'm sure you know the consequences for tardiness, Mr. Lupin?"

Remus nodded, "Yes, Professor, I'm aware."

Two seats over, Sirius snorted, looking on the verge of laughter.

McGonagall turned to him, "Is there something wrong, Mr. Black?"

Sirius shook his head vigorously, "Nothing's wrong, Professor."

When McGonagall turned around to write something on the board to continue the lesson, Sirius leaned over and whispered to James, "Of course Remus is aware, he's a werewolf."

This time James snorted, and yet again McGonagall turned around. "Is something funny, Mr. Potter?"

James shook his head, "Nothing funny here, Professor," he lied, before giving another snort of laughter.

"Are you serious, Mr. Potter?" McGonagall asked, eyes widening when she realised her mistake a second too late.

"I'm not Sirius, Professor, surely you can tell the difference between the two of us," replied James.

"I'm the more handsome one, Professor," Sirius called out.

James looked at him in betrayal, and clutched his hand over his heart, "Sirius, I'm wounded."

McGonagall cleared her throat, "Surely you boys are aware of what happens when you speak out of turn?"

James looked at Sirius, "No, Professor," he told her, "I'm not aware..."

Sirius mouthed the word, "wolf" and the two lost the battle with a fit of laughter.

"Mr. Black, Mr. Potter, detention for disrupting my class, and wait in the hallway until you can gain your composure."

Peter looked at them amused, while Remus had the most disappointing look possible etched on his face.

Sirius and James stumbled into the hallway, tears flowing down their faces from laughter.