|| 10 || Lab Rat Love

Zacznij od początku

Deciding you were going to help them, you told Monty and stood up before he could say anything. You let him sulk while you walked over to them.

You gently pat Lily on the shoulder. She jumped slightly and gave you a wary look.

"I want to help you" you stated. Kid and Lily looked at each other with confusion in their eyes. Oh, frick. Did you get it wrong? Were they not planning on saving Billy? Did they just want to know what the note said? You were so lost in thought you didn't notice Lily trying to get your attention. Kid decided to bop you on the head to get you to notice them.

"How did you know what we were doing?" Lily asked. You pursed your lips in thought, before responding.

"The fact you two were acting kinda shifty all day. Plus you wanted to know a code to a supposedly secret lab that is hidden in the principal's office. You've also been trying your hardest to avoid all the adults here as far and Billy is Lily's sister so I assumed that she would be trying to save him..." Kid and Lily started at you with fish expressions on their faces, stumped at how quickly you manage to perfectly explain their intentions for today.

Kid quickly regained his composure and leaned forward to you slightly, which caught your attention. He put his finger up to his lips in a shushing gesture, hoping that none of the adults in the room had heard anything you said. Lily seemed to follow his train of thought and checked around the room.

"Why does Monty look so angry?" Lily asked the two if you. You scratched the back of your head nervously. Kid and Lily gave you pair of suspicious looks.

"I may of come over here without his 'permission'" You air quoted when you said the word permission, kinda annoyed that Monty thought he could dictate your decisions. After you finished your explanation, you and Kid noticed how quiet it was, not including the usual chatter from the other kids during lunch. You both looked over at Lily, who seemed to be silently musing and thinking about something. 

"Alright" Lily suddenly spoke up. "I trust you enough, plus you are pretty smart and we could use someone with brains on our team" Kid nodded, agreeing with Lily. You punched the air in victory, which caused Lily to giggle at your antics. She was also relieved that you were more than happy to help them save Billy.

———— Time Skip ————

The three of you were not having any luck finding somewhere to input the code in the principal's office. 

You had assumed that it would be used to open the secret hatch placed underneath the bloodied rug. When there was nowhere to input the code, you had suggested that there might be somewhere that can be opened the code. You didn't really want to give up, Billy's life probably depended on it, but the three of you didn't exactly have all the time in the world.

Sighing in defeat, you leaned against the inside of the principal's large desk. You hissed in pain when something roughly poked you in the back. Turning around, you saw a little mechanism that was blended into the desk. A little mechanism that had to be opened with a code. You silently called Kid and Lily over, and you put in the code that Billy had scrawled on to the note.

————————

"OH GOD! WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS!?!" You screeched, pointing at three mutants floating in test tubes. The mutant in the middle, however, seemed to be in a state where they seemed to be partially mutated.