Extended Summary

Power hungry nobles, cunning royal consorts and ruthless and ambitious kings and princes- the Imperial Palace has it all.

From treachery, drama, revenge, lies, back-stabbing, double-crossing, ruthless power struggles, betrayal, plots and schemes- the Imperial Palace is a very dangerous place to be for the weak-hearted.

______________________________________________________

"You can never let your guard down here if you want to survive."

_______________________________________________________

Unfortunately for her, Kim Hye-ri ; the only daughter of one of the wealthiest and influential clans of Goryeo dynasty finds herself stuck in the middle of it all. And to add icing to the cake that is the "royal mess" that she's in- she's completely clueless as to what to do to survive in the Imperial Palace.

And if you thought that things couldn't possibly get worse that this for the naïve Hye-ri, you were wrong: She is torn between two royal brothers who are fighting for the throne so she finds herself stuck amidst the most iconic power struggle for the crown.

_________________________________________________________

What will she do? Who will she choose when her heart refuses even the thought of betraying either? Which path will she ultimately take? Will she succumb to the addiction of power?

Will Lady Kim end up losing all that's important or rather, all who are dear to her in the process?

_______________________________________________________

Cover credits to nionus
Copyright © Mrinalini Vashisht