22.

dixie's pov
        it was finally monday evening and addison was coming to pick me up from the hospital. i was at the front desk in a baggy t shirt and some sweatpants that my mom brought to me the other day. it was about 5pm, i told charli i would go home at like 7ish in time for dinner because i wanted to spend some more time with addison and i didn't think she would complain about staying at avani's longer.
"ms. d'amelio you're free to go, have a good day." the lady at the said.
"thank you, you too ma'am." i say before walking out of the building.
i walk around looking for addison's car when i here a honk. i look in that direction and see addison sitting in the driver's seat of my car. she has her hair up in a bun and she's wearing a grey baggy shirt. i walk over to that car and get in.
"where did you come from?" i ask as i noticed she was sweating.
"dance." she simply replies.
"so when did you get my car?" i ask
"right before practice, your mom gave me the spare key since you're other one is in your bag is at home."
"oh okay. you ready to go to your place?" i rest my hand on her thigh.
"i- uh... yeah i'm ready." i laugh at her tiny freak out as she pulls out of the parking lot.
we pull into her driveway and get out of the car, we walk up to the door and enter the house. all i hear is enzo yelling at the tv while he's playing video games. i roll my eyes at his loudness and addison let's out a small giggle at my actions. her parents were outside in their garden with her other brother. she grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs to her room. i walk into the room and lay back on her bed. after a minute or two i feel the bed next to me dip as she lays down. i shift onto my side, facing her.
"hi adds." i give her a small smile.
        "hi dix." she says scooting closer to me.
before i can even think about what to say next she presses her lips against mine harshly, i kiss back just as intensely and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her even closer. after a while she climbs onto my lap without breaking the kiss, and i feel her tug at the bottom of my shirt. i break the kiss before taking my shirt off and throwing off to the side.
i noticed that she was completely staring at my chest so i took advantage and flipped us. now looking down on her there was a certain possessiveness in her eyes, as they were darker than their normal brown color. i realized what it was almost immediately and leaned back down to kiss her. just as our lips were about to meet again we heard her door open which resulted in her shoving me off of her and falling on the floor. i ducked behind her bed as i heard the person, whoever it is walked into the room.
        "hey addi! you're home!" i heard her youngest brother say cheerfully.
       "hey bubba, how was your day?" she asks him sweetly.
       "it was fun! we got extra recess today!" he says happily.
"really? that's awesome!"
"hey addi, what's that shirt of on the floor for?" lucas asks.
"um, that's my shirt from dance, it was all sweaty so i threw it on the floor." she lies.
"hey why don't you head downstairs and i'll come down in a bit, okay?" she tells him.
"okay! i love you!" he says walking back over to the door.
"i love you too." she says giving him a small wave as the door closes.
"ouch." i say pushing myself off the floor and sitting down next to her.
"aww, did i hurt the poor baby." she says mockingly with a sarcastic pout.
      i turned away from her and faced the wall acting hurt.
       "come on dixie." she said poking my shoulder.
        i continue to play into the act.
      "baby come on i didn't mean to push you i just didn't know what else to do." she says wrapping her arms around the top of my shoulders.
       i ignored her further.
      "please don't be mad." she whispers and presses a soft kiss to my neck.
i shiver at the feeling before quickly going back to pretending. i feel her press another kiss onto my neck but this time is harsher than previously. she trails up my neck, definitely leaving a couple marks. i feel her heavy breathing on the back of my neck, i smirk to myself.
i turn around to see her pouting. i give her a small kiss before laughing.
"you're so easy to fool, did you actually think i was mad at you?" i say walking over to my shirt and pulling it back on.
"YOU MEAN YOU WEREN'T MAD? YOU'RE SO MEAN!"
"nope." i give a smile and laugh.
she doesn't reply as she sits on the bed with her arms crossed and a pout on her face.
"oh but i'm the baby."
"i'm mad at you." she responds.
"well to bad because we have to head downstairs. let's go." i say tugging her hand.
she doesn't move so i do the next best thing. i pick her up and throw her over my shoulder.
i walk out of her room while she was throwing a fit kicking and hitting my back telling me to put her down.
"DIXIE JANE D'AMELIO I SWEAR IF YOU DONT PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" she yells.
"god addison you acting like a child, i'm just carrying you because you didn't want to move." i say putting her down as we reach the bottom of the stairs.
"now are you done actually like a kid?" i ask.
"one thing and then i'll be done."
"fine." i sigh before giving her a kiss.
"all better!" she smiles.
we hear someone clear their throat and we both look up to see her family just standing there.
    ""we're just friends" my ass." enzo says quoting me from my previous visit.
i laugh, while his mother yells out, "LANGUAGE!".
i look to addison seeing her face stained red with a blush. i open my arms as she hugs me and hides her face in my chest, i let out a light chuckle as i place my head on top of hers.
i scanned the room seeing sheri talking to enzo, lucas not paying attention to anything going on, and monty glaring at neck.
oh shit, i forgot to put my hair down. i quickly let it down and move it to where it pretty much covers the marks.
"i think your dad noticed." i whisper.
she pulls her head from my chest and she looks terrified. i watch as she looks over to her and he just shakes his head and walks over to her mother. i grab her hand and pull her into the living room i grab a blanket and lay down on one of the couches.
      "come cuddle." i say to addison as she's just standing in the middle of her living room.
     she nods and lays on top of me as i cover us with a blanket. i pull out my phone and we both look as i mindlessly scroll through instagram. after a while i hear quiet breaths coming from her. i can't help but to take a picture of us and post it with the caption "sleeping angel".
i close my eyes for a while not really falling asleep but trying to. a few minutes later i hear someone clear their throat. i open my eyes to see monty and sheri.
"excuse me, but we need to have a talk with you girls in the dining room." he says.
"yes sir, i'll wake her up and we'll be right there." he nods and they walk out.
      "hey addison come on we have to get up."
       "mmm." she protests snuggling more into my chest.
      "we have to get up your parents want to talk to us." 
      "oh no." she says.
     " i thought the exact same thing, but we have to do it." we get up and make our way over to her parents.
       we sit down across the table from them silently.
      "dixie, would you please put your hair up." he asks politely.
       i nod cautiously and put my hair up into a bun.
      "so i guess we'll start with this. when did you get those?" he asks me.
       "right before we came downstairs earlier." i  say answering truthfully
       "so when did you guys become a thing?"
       "the night of the party or the morning after." addison answers.
         "i really don't want to ask this question but i'm going to have to, so have the two of you done anything?"
      "no sir, nothing big like you know. i would never force your daughter into something." i say.
      he lets out a sigh in relief.
     "look i know you guys are a young couple you like to show your love for eachother but when you're around me, could you please try to hide all the hickies. you can put your hair down again if you want dixie."
      "yes dad, we'll try to keep them out of sight." she says.
      "well, good talk." he smiles a walks out.
      " hey addi i gotta head home now, but i'll see you tomorrow." we walk to the door.
       i give her a soft kiss and slowly pull back.
      " goodnight angel." i say walking to my car.
      i pull out onto the road and see her wave one last time before closing the door.
      a few minutes later i pull in my driveway and walk into the house.
     i'm greeted by a happy charli.
"hi dixie!" she says pulling me into a hug.
"hi char." i smile.
"what's got you all happy?" i ask.
"one you're finally home, and two look!" she says extending out her hand with the ring on it.
"i'm really happy for you guys char. wait what is that on you neck?"
"i- um, you have no room to talk." she points at mine.
"touché."
"girls dinner is ready." we nod and head to the dinner table not really sure what'll happen next.
      we walk into the dining room and take our seats. everything is quiet for the first 5 minutes until my dad speaks up.
"girls, i want to apologize for everything. dixie i'm so sorry that i couldn't accept the fact that you weren't straight. i was just so scared by the way the world treats people like you, and charli i'm sorry about the other night. i'm happy for you and avani." he says.
"it's okay dad, but what you need to understand is that those people are slowly starting to disappear and people are mostly accepting. we'll be fine dad, we just need your support." i reply.
"you have it, tell addison i'm sorry for everything that i put the both of you through."
"thank you dad." charli smiles.
"we love you two so much. we will always be here." mom chipped in
a huge smile grew on my face, i have the two things i never thought i would ever get. i got the girl, and my parents accept me. today truly was a good day.
word count: 1931
sorry i haven't updated in a bit, i've just been sidetracked recently, but i should be finishing this book up soon. thank you for 31k. i apologize for any grammatical errors. i hope you all have a good day