4. Mom talk

Addison's Pov
      "Where have you been?" My dad says as I open the door.
   "This girl left her phone at school. So her sister asked me to meet for coffee and give the phone back. So basically I was rightfully returning something to someone." I replied.
      "You could have just said you were returning someone phone to them. You did have to play it up." I hear my little brother Enzo say from the couch.
      "Oh shut up will you!" I say sarcastically before sitting down on the couch next to him.
       I take out my phone.
Char☕️💗: hey here's is some of the groups numbers.
      I look at the list of numbers. That last one being Dixie's. Huh I wonder why. I know most people expect for a few.
Me: who is Griffin, Chase , Tony, and Kate?
Char☕️💗: Well Griffin is Dixie's "boyfriend" , Tony is Ondreaz's brother, Chase is just kinda there, he's not really important. I used to date him that's about it, Kate is Dixie's best friend. She's been Dixie's biggest supporter. When she's not at Avani's she usually at Kate's. They started off as freshman playing field hockey together. And before you ask, they didn't do anything. Kate has been one of the only perks of moving. She's been for Dixie through everything.
Me: what do you mean "boyfriend"?
Char☕️💗: Well sense we all clearly know Dixie is gay he just pretends to be her boyfriend when needed. My dad knows but won't except it. So like family photos, or when he wants us to look perfect Griffin comes into play. Sometimes he can be friendly but most of the time it's Dixie not wanting anything to do with him. He's in our group. Him and Anthony are on best terms because they're friends. But he's no one to worry about.
Me: okay thanks for clearing things up☺️
Char☕️💗: Also please call Griffin gremlin. It fits him better😂
Me:okay😂
    "Dinner is ready!" my mom yells so everyone hears.
Me: I gtg dinner is ready, talk to you later Charli, love ya
Char☕️💗: you too Addi. Have a nice dinner.
I get up and walk to the kitchen. I take a seat I by Lucas, and we start eating.
"So how was everyone's day?" My mom asks.
"It was great!I met a bunch of new friends!" Lucas says excitedly.
"I'm happy for you bud." I say to him.
"What about you guys." My dad motions to me and Enzo.
I give him a look telling him to go first.
   "It's was okay, I made some friends. It's 7th grade there's nothing special about it." He says simply directing the conversation to me now.
"Well, my day was interesting." I say not wanting to explain myself.
"What do you mean interesting?" My mom questions.
"I mean like I had to return a girls phone to her sister and we got coffee, that's it, other than that today was normal." I partially lying to them.
Everyone seems to buy it, but my mom. I know she can tell I'm lying.
She mouths, "We'll talk about this later."
Oh god.
After dinner
I walk up stairs and grab a hoodie and some some shorts.
10 minutes later
I walk back to my room with my wet hair in a bun. I already washed my face, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair of course. I check of the boxes in mental checklist of the night. Oh one thing, I need water to stay hydrated.
(Hi drated:)
I walk downstairs are grab a bottle of water before heading back upstairs.
I shut my door, turn my lights off , and walk over to my bed turning on the lamp next to it in the process. I get under the covers and just scroll on my phone for a while.
After a while I here a knock at my door.
"Come in." I say loudly so the person behind the door can hear me.
My mom walks in and closes the door behind her. Oh god. I forgot "We'll talk about this later."
She makes her way into my bed and sits down next to me. 
       "You know you can tell me anything Addison. I won't judge. I promise. So what really happened today?" She asks.
       "Dixie and Charli D'amelio." I say blankly.
       "What about the D'amelio's?" She asks.
        "I go to school with them." I stay still almost with no emotion.
        "You're meaning to tell me that you're going to school with your childhood best friend and your not the least bit happy about it?" She asks.
       "Mom, Dixie hates me. She hates me because I didn't contact her that whole time." I say.
        "But you called her everyday of freshman year. How can she say that?" My mother says confused.
       "Marc blocked my number. He blocked my number mom. Now Dixie's different and I can't help but feel responsible." I say letting the pressure that's been on  my chest  all day free.
       "But it's not your fault baby." She says pulling my into a tight hug.
        "I love you mom." I say crying into her shirt.   
         "I love you too Addison Rae. You are one of the best things that's ever happened to me. But listen if I know Dixie and feel like I do, she's always does what her heart wants. So maybe she thinks certain things of  you. They aren't true. But my point being is that Dixie's heart always lead her to you. Give her some time, but don't give up. Be supportive. Work towards that friendship before anything else." She finishes. 
         I'm almost asleep in her arms.
        My mom, was the first one to know about Dixie, then my dad found out the first week the D'amelio family had moved. I wouldn't come out of my room for a solid week except to use the bathroom and do other necessary things.  Both my parents were really supportive of me no matter what. They told me they would always love me no matter what. My younger brothers never found out about me and Dix at all.
        I had a couple things with girls, so they know I like girls, but they also know I like guys. Basically I'm bisexual. I honestly love my family though. I wouldn't trade them for the world.
       "Thank you mom. Thank you so much. Thanks for this talk." I yawn.
         "Looks like all that stressing has you tired." She chuckles letting me go and laying my head down on my pillow.
        I feel her climb out of my bed and turn of the bed side lamp. She places a kiss on my forehead an walks to the door.
      "Goodnight Addison, sweet dreams."
       "Goodnight mom." I say sleepily. Next thing you know I hear my door click tells me it's shut. Then I let sleep take over my body.
Word count: 1146
I hope you guys like this book, how do you feel about the characters ? Let me know. I also apologized for any grammar mistakes. It's 3am  and I'm tired. Drop some ideas for the book. I want to see what y'all got.   Anyways goodnight