I didn't think Alex's face could have fallen much more when it did, her words breaking me more than Reign. "She's not coming Kara..." She tried to get me to look at her. "Lena left when we brought you in two days ago. She didn't even stay long enough to know you were still alive." Alex leaned down to kiss the hand encased in hers, comforting me any way she can without crushing me in a hug.

I shook my head, barely a movement with the pain running through me. "You're wrong." I felt the sting behind my eyes and my vision blurred behind the tears that started falling.

Alex dropped my hand and carefully leant herself on the edge of my bed, doing her best to wrap me in a hug without moving me too much as I lay there muttering, "You're wrong. She'll be here. You're wrong."

Lena

The car was just pulling away from the villa, the driver not the only one confused about my ability to make it to National City without a resort driver or my plane. Standing outside it, I looked up at the roof by Cat's window seeing Kara and I talking only four days ago. Why did we have to leave?

I was only here for my stuff, hoping I could get in and out before Cat realised I was here, of which the chances were high since it was early morning. Oh how wrong was I?

I had only just stepped through the door when Cat Grant ran to see who it was, her face lighting up for a moment before falling at the lack of Kara behind me. "Where is she?" Her voice was quiet, almsot like no one else hearing it would mean this conversation wasn't happening.

I pulled the door closed behind me, dropping my bag against hte wall. "National City." Walking into the house I aimed for the stairs to start packing our things.

Footsteps behind me told me Cat was following me, not letting the topic drop just yet. "How is she?" I couldn't answer, not for moment when I opened our door and stepped in to find our room exactly as we left it. One wardrobe door was still partially open from Kara trying to put her case back and her glasses were still on the bedside table.

"Stable." The word was a whisper, my energy going into not letting the tears fall as I gingerly picked up her glasses, folding the sides closed like they were the most prescious item to ever exist.

"Why-" Cat tried to talk, but I cut her off.

"I don't know anything else." I took a breath, building the walls I had let slip this week back up - or at least attempted to. "There was an emergency at L-Corp I had to take care of and I am no longer welcome where she is being treated." Placing her glasses on the the table to keep them safe, I turned back to the wardrobe to start doing what I was here to do.

Cat stepped into the room. "I'm sure they would let you see her if you tried."

I know she was only trying to help, but I dropped the case in my hands on the bed and fixed her with a look. "Her sister practically promised me a bullet if I showed my face. So no, I'm positive seeing her is not a good idea." Ignoring her I started throwing my clothes into my case as quickly as possible.

I was vaguely aware of Cat typing on her phone but I didn't pay much attention to her as I grabbed Kara's case to start packing her things for her. Despite wanting to leave as soon as possible, I couldn't bring myself to just throw it all in.

Folding everything with care one at a time, the change in behaviour had Cat looking at me completely shocked and furiously typing a minute later. "If you're just going to be on your phone can you do it somewhere else?"

"And give you a chance to leave? Not happening." The tone in her voice had me glancing at her as I placed one of Kara's tops in her case. A few more things and I'd be in the clear to go, so long as Cat didn't interfere.

The sound of the front door opening and slamming shut travelled upstairs. Why can't she just let me leave? Two sets of footsteps made their way upstairs in a hurry, Harley and Ivy joining Cat in the doorway.

Anger curdled in my stomache. Cat didn't have the right to tell people who Kara was, let alone two of Gotham's most wanted. "You're unbelievable, Cat." I glared at the older blonde, hoping she would take the hint and leave.

"She didn't tell us anything, didn't have to." Ivy looked me in the eye, unwavering in her conviction. "Glasses and a sunny disposition isn't exactly a good disguise."

I got closer to the trio, glaring at each of them individually. "Tell anyone and I will kill you."

Harley smiled. "No ya wouldn't."

I raised an eyebrow. "For her I would." Four words we all knew were true, to protect Kara I would kill them.

The tension in the air was rising, threatening to become tangible when Cat clapped her hands, a smile forming on her face. "Good talk. Now we can get onto something more important, the four of us getting ready for this wedding in a few hours."

Was she being serious? "I'm not staying for the wedding."

She stopped me from trying to finish packing with a hand on my arm. "Yes you are. Everyone knows you were here and no one knows you left other than us, meaning this whole week will have been for nothing if you don't show your face at this wedding."

"I'm sure the bride and groom will understand us leaving for a family emergency." It wasn't a question but Cat acted like it should have been.

"Jack would, yes. Except it's not Jack that has the ears of many influential investors that have made it a habit of choosing L-Corp." Cat's eyes narrowed, her implication not lost on me.

I sighed, this was the last thing I needed today. "I hate you."

She smiled. "Fine with me, let's get you unpacked."

Leave. Just walk away and deal with the fallout later. Everything in my was screaming to do exactly that, but watching was Harley and Ivy started unpacking my case my mind went back to Kara doing the same at the beginning of all this. Superspeed really would be handy right now, I could be halfway home before they realised I was gone.

My phone beeped in my pocket, a small smile forming in the hope it was Kara and falling just as fast when I saw Jess' name on my screen.

Jess:
Meeting last night successful. Contract requested to secure involvement.

The news should have made me smile but all I wanted was word on Kara. She was all I could think about, wanting to know if she was okay, seeing her everywhere in the villa the longer I stayed.