Morgan Edge

Looking at Morgan Edge in the dining room, I wasn't sure what to do - or if there was anything I could do. Why was he even here? He had no known contacts with Jack Spheer or his company.

"Lena." Morgan smiled at her across the room. "I'm surprised you were able to make it."

Lena put on a smile and moved to the buffet. "Likewise." If not for Cat being in the room, I would have happily thrown him into the ocean from here. Although, that wouldn't do Lena any good, or my identity.

Cat got up from the table before Edge could re-establish their conversation, coming over to get more fruit from the buffet. "I'm glad you decided to join us for breakfast, " Her voice dropped to a whisper. "although I would leave while you can. He is insufferable and has only been here a few minutes."

Raising my eyebrows, I couldn't believe Cat was giving us the chance to turn and eat at the villa. "Like any other meeting with him, leaving will just make him happier." Lena continued to make up her plate, picking up a stack of pancakes onto my plate as she did so.

"Thank you." I smiled at her as she turned back to Cat, a warm feeling in my chest. Not bothering to pay attention to their conversation with the sight of so much food, I piled so much onto my plate that Lena turned to look at me when Cat nodded in my direction.

Edge piped up from his place at the table. "Careful with that much food, Lena might lose interest once you get fat." Despite her being Supergirl and incapable of such a thing, I still looked down at the amount of food on my plate. I needed the calories. Not wanting to show he got to me - even a little - I put a smile on my face, looking at Lena and Cat to see if they were ready to sit down.

Lena put a few more pieces of fruit on her plate and a pancake before smiling at me and walking to the table with me. Cat remained at the buffet, watching us sit down. I was in my head as I slowly ate my breakfast, unable to understand how his comment was able to make me feel bad. I was Supergirl. It shouldn't hurt.

I was so in my head, I didn't catch Lena glaring at Edge until she spoke. "What right do you have to make such a comment to another person?" She was sipping on some coffee, her voice nothing but civil.

Edge met her glare easily, smiling. "It makes me uncomfortable seeing someone eat so much. Perhaps you should have picked a politer play thing."

I couldn't look up, but I could feel Lena about to punch him. Trying to think of a way to stop her from doing something stupid, Cat did something worse. Hearing it before I looked up, Edge screamed as Cat seemed to 'trip' on her own feet. She had just poured hot coffee all over him.

"OH MY GOD! Have you become so inept in your year away that you can't even carry your own coffee now Cat?" Edge was trying to stop his suit from sticking to him, the hot liquid having been soaked up by the material. Getting up, he glared at the three of us, Cat receiving the brunt of it after her little slip. "Expect to receive a bill for my dry cleaning soon." He didn't even wait for a response, simply stormed from the room leaving us alone.

Looking back at my plate, I realised I had only eaten half of it and surprisingly didn't feel like eating anything else. I didn't have to be looking at Lena and Cat to feel their eyes on me either, both women unsure of my reactions to his comment.

Smiling still, I turned to Lena next to me, "I left my phone in the villa, I'm going to go get it." I didn't even give her time to answer or stop me, leaving at the quickest human speed I could manage.

Lena

Watching Kara leave, I couldn't believe what had just happened. What was Edge trying to accomplish with his comment at Kara? There was no need for it. I was rooted to my chair when all I wanted to do was run after her and hug her, tell her he was wrong and she was perfect. I didn't move.

I looked at Kara's plate left half empty, pancakes untouched. She hadn't eaten nearly as much as normal and even without fighting aliens she was going to need the calories. Figuring out what to do, Cat seemed to be two steps ahead as she placed a to-go box in front of me.

"Pancakes, whipped cream and syrup. Go make sure she's okay." Smiling at me, I offered her one back as I grabbed the box and rushed to catch up with Kara.

I was approaching the villa when I spotted her on the roof, sitting outside an open window on Cat's claimed floor. She was laying back, looking at the sky without a care to who saw. If not for what happened at breakfast, I would have found it mesmerising, but instead I forced myself to rush in and up to the open window and follow her onto the roof.

At the sound of me stepping onto the roof Kara looked up, about to accost the person that had disturbed her, the words dying on her lips when she saw me. "Can I join you?"