"Why are you doing this to her?" I demand, feeling my voice shake slightly. I felt so powerless.

"To make it easier for you to put her out of her misery." My eyes widen as I look to Caroline.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Because you need me. Because you're a seventeen-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore."

"Look at you. How is this right?!"

"She's a murderer. She told me she killed someone and liked it. Now how is that right? Listen, Scarlett, your parents led the council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead six months before your sister undid it all."

"You don't know anything about them."

"Why, am I wrong? Do you actually think that they'd be proud of you? Proud of the company your keeping, the murderers you've become so infatuated with? " He kneels down, making eye contact with me.

"If you don't side with the humans, you're just as bad as them. Now kill her." He hands me the stake. "Or I'll do it for you and I'll make it hurt. Get up!" He pulls me by my arm and places me in front of Caroline who had tears streaming down her face.

I take a deep breath before turning quickly and stabbing the stake through Alaric's heart. Before he can react I grab the beaker of vervain and smash it over his head. In a rush, I pull the pencils from Caroline's hands as he screams out in pain from behind us.

"Get help!" I yell, she thankfully rushes out of the room. I attempt to follow right after but just as I reached for the door- Alaric was in front of it.

"Not so fast." He growls.

"What me? I wasn't going anywhere." I say, before attempting to kick him in the no-no zone. He winces slightly. I take it as a victory, even when he suddenly grabs me again, throwing me out into the hallway against the lockers. That was definitely gonna leave one hell of a mark.

I wince in pain as I'm shoved against the lockers with a hand around my throat.

"I should kill you. I should gut you like Brian Walters, Bill Forbes, and all the other cowards I plan on ripping apart. You don't deserve to live and neither does your family." He growls.

"Feeling a little emotional?" I say, making his grip tighten ever so slightly.

"I'll kill you, Scarlett. Do not test me." I feel myself, gasp for breath before he loosens his grip. Why would he do that if he wanted to kill me? His humanity is obviously gone- he doesn't feel anything but hate for me but I'm still alive.

"Is that a pun because you used to be a teacher before you went all batshi-" I'm cut off again by his darkened eyes and the veins forming around them.

"Kill me, do it." I urge, even though in my head I was literally screaming.

He doesn't respond, his eyes go back to normal and he finally drops me from his tight as grip. My throat literally felt like death. But I felt like I had a pretty good idea why he wouldn't kill me.

Suddenly he's grabbed by two very familiar brothers.  Perfect timing.

"Do it now!" Damon shouts, just as Alaric pushes them off of him. I see Alaric break Stefan's back making him fall to the ground, temporarily dead. When Damon attempts to rush at him he snaps his neck, killing him temporarily as well.

I decide to take a few steps back as Alaric's eyes are back on me. So they lasted for about five seconds...

"They would definitely get an A for effort right? Get it- you used to be a teacher..." I trail off awkwardly as the mans demeanor darkens in anger. Tough crowd.

Before Alaric can come at me (thankfully) another figure steps in.

I felt slightly shocked when Klaus arrived but I still kept my eyes on the fight. I see his fist enter Alaric's chest and grasp his heart- seriously felt like I was gonna vomit.

I back away without removing my eyes as Alaric throws him to the ground. I knew Alaric was too strong. I had to do something.

Just as Klaus is thrown to the lockers I grab the stray knife from Damon's unconscious body, my eyes lingered on him for only a second- unconscious Damon was so peaceful, like a little sleeping baby. Awww.

When I look back to Alaric and Klaus, Alaric had the stake pointing towards Klaus's heart. I stood with wide eyes.

"Stop!" I shout, holding the cool knife to my throat. Both men turn to look at me in shock- momentarily halting their fight.

Lets hope to god I was right about this.

"Let him go or I'll kill myself." I announce, my eyes not leaving Alaric's. Never thought I would be threatening to kill myself in order to save Klaus Mikaelson.

I guess it counts as saving all of my friends as well- since they would very well die along with him.

Even though I wouldn't admit it out loud I would do the same even if it were only Klaus's life on the line. I feel some weird kind of care for him- I would never let anyone know that though.

"Put it down, Scarlett." He warned in a low tone. My eyes momentarily moved to Klaus who had been watching in confusion.

"Why? Because you still need me alive? There's a reason why Esther used me to make you, isn't there? She didn't want you to be immortal, so she tied your life to a human one. Mine. That way you only have a human life span."

"You're wrong." He grunts.

"Let's test my theory then." I say, beginning to run the blade across my throat. I attempted to hide the pain but I knew they could see me shudder at the clean slice.

"Stop! STOP! STOP! STOP!" In Alaric's panic, Klaus throws him off of him. Before I can even process what's happening I feel his hands on me, making me drop the knife and we zoom off to god knows where.

Well that worked out. Kinda.