"Did you say something?" Madam K asked me.

"No," I lied.

From there, she started giving me a long lecture on how fat she thought I was becoming.

I can assure myself her words weren't getting to me. But why something in me desperately wanted to see that picture again amd see if I was really as fat as Madam K said, I'm not sure.

I turned my phone data onn. Immediately, my notifications started blowing up with a dangerous speed. More birthday messages from all my social media - Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Literally everywhere.

Instagram notifications unendlessly flashed username after username with a remarkable speed saying they like my post or commented on or whatever.

9731 messages notifications from WhatsApp.

12000 unread emails

7543 Snapchat notifications

I hadn't even swiped up my phone to open yet. I already started regretting putting on my data.

I just cleared all the notifications and decided to just log into my Instagram to see my "fat face" according to Madam K.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Yeah yeah that's Shade's insta post😂👌

"You see, even Yemi Alade agrees you're adding too much weight," Madam K tells me plainly.

"I don't think she meant it that way," I opposed.

"However, she meant it, the fact remains the same," Madam K retorted.

I kept quiet at that point. There was a silence for a long while. Neither me or Madam K spoke up.

"I just want you to be in your best shape that's all," I heard Madam K speak up, breaking the silence. She glanced away from her magazine to me and added, "You know so many people look up to you as a role model,"

Typical of Madam K to feel bad about some shit she does or says and then defend her words, not to make you feel better, but to reduce the guilt she's feeling.

"Hope you're ready for your birthday party booth in three days," Madam K asked me, completely changing the topic.

I nodded, without saying a word.

"Good, cuz a lot of celebs are going to be there," she informed me for about the hundredth time that evening.

"I'm aware," I answered.

"Although, Simi may be absent though. It's a pity because she and that mavins kid with the funny hair were looking forward the most to your party," Madam K said.

"You mean Rema?" I asked Madam K referring to who she just called the 'mavins kid with the funny hair'.

"Yeah, him." She said dismissively.