Khushi narrowed her eyes. What a smooth talker. However, it seemed to work on Madhubala like a charm because she smiled and nodded.

As he walked out, Khushi turned to Aman and said, "Is it just me or is your boss acting weirder than usual today?" She'd caught Arnav smiling to himself several times and when she'd made a sarcastic remark about it, he'd only shrugged.

"He does seem to be up to something," Aman agreed.

Khushi shrugged. "Oh well. What's the worst he could do?"

***

Arnav hesitated for half a second before he entered Khushi's room. It really wasn't appropriate for him to enter a girl's room like this. But on the other hand, it couldn't be any worse than jumping in through her window, right? Plus, he was sure she wouldn't mind. From what he knew of her, he knew she would understand that a great prank sometimes required a relaxation of rules.

Bright sunlight filtered in through the window, making her room look softer than when he saw it last.

But he didn't have time to compare his memory of her room to how it looked now. He needed to get to work. He pulled out the first of the items from his bag. This needed to go somewhere obvious. Maybe her desk?

He stopped short when he saw the snow globe--his snow globe--perched in a spot of honor next to her Devi Mayan statuette.

Gently, he traced it with his finger, unknowingly doing the same thing that Khushi often did late at night when thoughts of him plagued her.

Smiling gently, he placed his item next to the snow globe.

Then he opened her drawer to place another one in and stopped short again when he saw his wrapping paper there, folded neatly.

He made sure not to wrinkle it as he placed in the item.

The next one went under the bed, then one in her closet. One went inside a lampshade and the last on her windowsill.

And done.

He glanced back at the snow globe once more before he took his leave.

***

Sohni sohni

Her ada ko salaam

Khushi and Lavanya twirled like they were supposed to. Unfortunately, behind them, NK was a little bit too enthusiastic for his move and he bumped into Khushi causing her to lose her footing.

Fortunately, Arnav had arrived at that moment and jumped forward to catch her before she could fall.

While Khushi scrambled to right herself, heart thumping madly, Arnav scowled at NK. "Watch what you're doing."

Khushi cleared her throat. He looked down at her in confusion. She looked pointedly at his hand, which was still on her arm.

He quickly let go, ignoring the rumble of laughter from everyone else.

And neither he nor Khushi noticed the frown on Devyani's face. Lavanya, however, both noted and filed away the elderly lady's expression.

Madhubala clapped her hands. "Okay, let's start again. ASR, your spot is behind Khushi and next to NK. NK, try to control your flailing arms and legs. You're not jumping off a cliff."

They started again, Arnav picking up the moves quickly and following along smoothly, until it was time for the two lines that would be Khushi's solo

Tere mastani anjaani