I Swear

Nico's POV

"Sh-"

Y/N covered my mouth with her hand, startling me. She brought her finger to her lips and looked at me directly in the eye. She looked at Pan, who seemed horrified.

She pointed at a window behind her, which I hadn't noticed. It was a big window, but it was pretty high. I'm not sure how she expected us to get up there.

"Hello?" I heard Wade yell from somewhere in the house.

Y/N came close and whispered, "I'm going to grab something from the living room so we can get up through the window. Stay here, and do not move."

"Are you insane?" I whispered back. "What if he sees you??"

She grabbed my face in her hands. "Then you and Pan run, do you understand?"

"What? No, I'm not going to let you do that."

"Nico." She looked at me sternly in the eyes. "Swear to me that you'll run if I get caught."

"No, I-."

"Swear to me, Nico."

I gulped and stared back at her. She seemed so confident, so determined, but her eyes said something different. The fear was there. She was afraid.

"I-I swear," I muttered.

She gently kissed me and tapped Pan's hand, who I had forgotten about. She got up and slipped out of the room, closing the door gently behind her.

Y/N's POV

"Hey, where are you guys?" I heard Wade yell. I could hear anger rising in his voice.

I crawled down the hall, trying to he as silent as possible. I had to get to the living room. I had to make sure we could escape. Then, I saw him. We walked right past me to the exact place I was headed for. His steps were loud and big, making me jump each time he put his foot down.

I could feel my legs tremble.

Crap, I thought.

I could hear mumble hastily. It sounded like he was looking for something. He kept throwing things behind him. Then, he threw a milk crate. It was the exact thing we needed to get up through the window.

It wasn't that far, maybe five feet away. I slowly and carefully laid my body on the floor and I used my elbows to pull myself toward the crate.

At this point, I was probably three feet away from the crate. I also had a good view of the living room. Wade was rummaging through a pile of junk, obviously looking for something. His continued mutters made me nervous.

Two feet.

I just need to keep going. I'm so close.

"Where is it?" Wade boomed. I winced.

One foot.

C'mon, Y/N, you're almost there.

I reached out. I touched the cool milk crate. The wood was rough beneath my finger tips. I got a good grip on it.

Good. Now take it back. I slowly started to retract my steps.

"There it is!" Wade exclaimed. I look up to see Wade pull out the biggest axe I've ever seen.