If Only Nico Was A Little Less Skinny

Nico's POV

I bounced impatiently on the balls of my feet. The I could hear Wade outside, throwing things around. His loud muttering made me think he was looking for something.

"That girl," Pan whispered. I turned to him. "That girl sure is brave."

I look down. "Yeah. She's so annoyingly brave."

I think back to our time in Tartarus. Despite the horrid things we saw and went through, there were moments that I could never forget. The way we kissed. She didn't make me feel bad about my depression.

She made it better. I felt better. Because of her.

"Hey Pan," I said, looking back at him. "I still don't understand how you ended up in Tartarus. I mean, I... I saw you die."

"Yes, well," Pan started, straightening up. "I did die. Well, sort of. Of course, some of my power was passed down to you demigods and Grover, but instead of fading away, I was sent to back to Olympus. Zeus was there, by himself." Pan's eyes seemed distant when he looked down, thinking back on the memory. "He told me I was to be punished. But something was wrong. He never looked at me directly."

"Did he tell you why you were being punished?" I asked.

"No," Pan replied. "I just remember the next second, I woke up in that horrible, horrible place."

"I wonder why.." I muttered to myself, trying to think.

"I'll never forget that day, though." I noticed the fear dancing in Pan's eyes. "Those green eyes."

"What?" Pan looked at me. "Zeus doesn't have green eyes."

Pan furrowed his brows together, obviously confused by my statement. Before we could discuss it any further, I heard a loud scream coming from outside the door.

"WADE!" I heard Y/N yell.

I quickly stood up.

Y/N's POV

*ten minutes earlier*

I had to hold in my gasp. Wade admired the axe and smiled proudly to himself. He then turned to where I was.

I froze, afraid that he saw me. But then something even worse happened.

He began to walk down the hall, completely missing me. He was going towards the room where Nico and Pan were. I couldn't let him get there. I had to do something. I looked around and spotted screwdriver not too far from where I was. As quietly as I could, I grabbed it. It felt nasty under my fingertips.

Ignoring the disgusting, oily feel of the screwdrivers surface, I threw it as far as I could to the wall on the opposite side of where Wade was going. I turned behind me. Wade stopped and he turned around, his one brow furrowed.

"Hello?" he asked aloud, walking away from the door and right beside me. His giant foot was so close to my arm. "Anyone there?"

I struggled to keep my heavy breathing quiet. I had to get to the door before him. I had to get this stupid crate back to Nico and Pan.

Wade shrugged and went back.

No!

I quickly got up and ran to the staircase. I stopped at the middle of the steps and shouted, "WADE!"

My stomach dropped as I heard his footsteps come to me. Then I saw him, the axe on his right shoulder. He smiled at me.

"There you are!" he exclaimed excitedly. His smile disappeared when he looked behind me, his expression confused. "Where's the boy?"

"He escaped!" I lied. "I left him upstairs and he jumped out of the window!"

"What?" Wade yelled angrily. "Did you see where he went?"

"He ran towards the woods behind the house!" I encouraged, hoping he would leave to look. "You should go get him! I need him for the cake!"

Wade thought about this. "Hm, actually. I have someone else here. Besides, that boy was too skinny anyway."

My eyes widened.

This stupid cyclops is really getting on my nerves.

Nico's POV

I could hear Y/N and Wade talking, my ear pressed against the door. I couldn't make out any of the words they were saying.

"Ugh!" I groaned. "If I wasn't in such a weak state, I could easily shadow travel us out of here."

"Do not be angry, Nico," Pan said behind me. "There is an extent to your power. If you shadow travelled now, especially with us, you probably wouldn't be able to wake up."

I balled my fists. If only I were stronger.

"I need to go out there. Y/N and Wade are too far for me to hear their conversation, which means they aren't near the living room." I looked at Pan, who was slowly getting up, struggling slightly. "I'll go out there and grab something. Stay here."

Pan nodded his head and I quietly slipped out of the room.