No, they wouldn't ever have agreed to work together. Their morals were far too different. The Final Order had an 'Ends justify the means' mentality while the New Republic was far too focused on delaying progress with bureaucracy. Your hate for paperwork almost justified ordering the elimination of who knew how many people and the destruction of an entire ecosystem by blowing up a planet. Almost. Not entirely but it did make you feel slightly better about what you had done.

She vehemently shook her head, "I want to take your hand...if it were Ben's.", she took a deep breath, "But it isn't Ben who's hand I'd take.", tears started forming in her eyes,"I'm not even sure if it is still Kylo's."

Jannah had gotten up and closer, you could see Finn struggling to stand up somewhere further back. Sidious throwing him around the room clearly hadn't been beneficial for him.

"I'd have to betray my entire being to join forces with you.", tears were starting to stream down her face,"Everything I stand for. You are all the Sith together. The embodiment of Evil. And me...I'm a Jedi.", she shook her head again.

You shook yours too and lifted your left hand up, stopping Kylo from replying. Whatever guilt you had felt for calling the destruction of a planet and its people had evaporated when Rey had spoken her last words.

"'The embodiment of Evil'?", you asked and took a step down the stairs, hand still lifted up and balled into a fist, "That's... what we are to you?"

You paused, waiting for her to take back her statement without avail, "Don't you realize how ridiculous you sound? You see the world in black and white. You see us as 'the embodiment of Evil' and the Resistance as what? 'The embodiment of everything good'? Are you truly making such an unbelievable foolish distinction?", you spoke fast, lecturing her without being condescending.

You took another step down and pressed your lips together briefly, shaking your head, "No.", you paused and mustered her, continuing to speak much slower than you had earlier, "No, Rey, you are wrong. I told you about my Father and how he was killed? It was the Resistance. Why? Because he supported the First Order."

"Bu-"

"But? He had every right to. In the outer rims the First Order are the only ones capable of saving you from criminals. Your precious galactic core is well protected, you don't need the help. But us...", you shook your head, "No. Without the First Order we'd be lost. And you. You, my dear Rey, completely ignore that."

You stayed calm, almost emotionless. All you wanted to do was inform her of what was happening, trying to make her understand that she was wrong with calling the First Order the literal reincarnation of evil personified. They had their weak moments, they weren't always right...but they were being the way they were to do good. Whether or not they were wrong with what they did couldn't be answered with a yes or no. It wasn't binary, it was on a spectrum. Or at least, you first had to explain it before eventually deciding on either.

"But you aren't free! You take away our freedom!", Jannah shouted, "I didn't want to join the First Order! I was forced into it!"

"Mistakes were clearly made, we aren't perfect.", you said as calm as possible, if you had been in charge you'd have made sure Jannah wouldn't have betrayed the First Order, "The Final Order will clone their soldiers. Those mistakes will never get repeated."

"You execute innocents!", Jannah's voice didn't get any more quiet. Instead of acknowledging what you had said she brought up the next point. Not even trying to have a discussion, all she wanted was to antagonize you. There were few things you despised as much as someone incapable of listening.

"Innocents? Resistance supporters! The Resistance is nothing more than a terrorist organization funded by the New Republic! Its sole purpose is to destroy the First Order.", you looked at her, calming your voice down a bit, "You have no ideals. Nothing. The only thing you know is that you hate the First Order, but what if it's gone? Who is going to protect the outer rims from murderers, slavers and other scum? Definitely not the New Republic. No...they are far too focused on their own secure little system in the galactic core."