Strangers

"Ma'am?"

Where were you? In space? Why was it so dark? Where were your limbs? You slowly moved them. Alright. They were still there.

"Ma'am?", the voice sounded again and you let out a loud groan. Fuck. Why was this so uncomfortable? Were you actually in space? Why did it feel like the air was crushing your lungs?

Eyes. Right. Opening them. You opened them slightly. A woman was next to you. She was tall! Atleast half a torso taller than yo- no wait. You were lying on the ground. Now...now that made much more sense.

"She woke up.", she said to a man to the side. He stretched out his hand to help you up, out of reflex you took it.

"What the fuck.", he mumbled but didn't let go of your hand, "You are ice cold."

You didn't reply just pulled on your hand so he'd let you go and leaned against the closest wall, holding onto your pounding head. Your shoulder didn't feel any better. What had happened?

"Are you okay, Ma'am?", the woman asked again and tried to touch your forehead but you grabbed her hand and turned it towards the side. She screamed and kneeled down in pain, trying to relieve the pressure.

"Let her go!", the man was pointing a blaster at you. What...what...right. You were almost breaking her arm.

"Reflex. Sorry.", you mumbled and let her go. What...you stared at the woman. She didn't know whether she should be concerned for your safety or for her own. You raised your arms up defensively and took a step to the side to get some distance between you, "Reflex. Really. I didn't mean to hurt you."

She got up slowly and waved her hand so her companion would lower his blaster, "It's fine...are you okay, Ma'am? You look like you are dead."

"I get that a lot. That's just how I look.", you mumbled and looked around searching for anything that would bring your memory of what had happened back. Canals that were glowing with acidic water...Weih...no...Right. The mission. You turned your head to see that you were still across the street to the bar where you had seen the Resistance Fighters. They...weren't...No wait. They were still here. They were the ones standing in front of you right now, weren't they?

You closed your eyes and increased your void, immediately falling back onto your knees.

"Ma'am!", the woman shouted and stopped you from falling headfirst into the pavement. Wouldn't have mattered much given how bad your head hurt already.

You instantly closed your void again and sat down, pressing your body against the wall behind you. What did they want? Why didn't they kill you yet? How much...time had passed since you had arrived and how long had you waited? When...when had you collapsed?

"Here.", another woman came and handed you a fresh and incredibly hot cup of...something. It smelled good. You reluctantly took it and stared up at the Resistance Fighters. Where was the...ohh. There was the device. Just sitting there, on the edge of the bar. All...all you needed to do was fire a single shot from your blaster to destroy it. Or four shots to kill everyone present. But you could barely hold onto the cup. Your hands weren't even trembling, just hard to move.

"Thanks.", you mumbled but didn't drink it. There could be anything in that. You didn't have anything on you that tied you to the First Order but who knew if they wouldn't find out anyway. That'd mean certain death and you weren't prepared to die yet.

"Drink it. You are incredibly cold...what happened?", the first woman said again and kneeled down next to you. You recoiled, increasing the distance, "We won't hurt you! We could have done that in the time you were unconscious!"