I see three presents: one small green one, a big red one with happy birthday on it and a small white box with a red ribbon.

"Mom! The food is here!" I scream as I walk to the kitchen.

Mom comes out with her hair done. It's all long and curly now.

"Where do you want this?" Joe asks.

"In the kitchen table." mom points to the kitchen.

Joe heads to it and mom goes back to her hair.

"Hey!" Joe yells and hugs me from behind.

"Ah! Stop! Ima throw up!"
He starts to spin me around. He stops and kisses me on the cheek.

"Happy birthday Widow." He whispers in my ear. I turn around to see him, his eyes are so light.
Joe smiles, "what? You never had a boy hug you?"

I just stand there. I am feeling nervous and yet happy. I am happy that my mom has a friend, that dad is working, and that I have a big brother. I am nervous because Joe's eyes seem so different now. I don't recognize them at all, they aren't ugly but not quite good to look at.

"So, you need help in decorating?" Joe releases me.

"oh, yeah I need to set the balloons up. Wanna help?"

"sure."

We head outside and finish decorating. My party has that backyard simple theme to it.

I see Joe putting the final nail on the "Happy Birthday" sign. He took off his short-sleeve blue button shirt, since its like 87 degrees, it's located in his back pocket.

I keep staring at him, he looks so perfect. He looks good in his white muscle shirt, his black hair just long enough to make him cute and him up on a latter makes him look manly.
Ashley is a very lucky girl. I wish when I'm older to have someone like him.
"Okay! Let's get the party started!" Ashley comes in very loud.

Joe gets off and greets her.

"dude, it's a kids party. And welcome. We finish decorating."

"Darn Joe, you are such party popper. I actually like the whole picnic theme thing."

I notice Ashley changed clothes. She is wearing a light blue flowy dress and white shoes. She looks like a barbie with her curly hair to the side. She has a white rose on her left side.

"you like my dress?" she asks. She gets closer to Joe. Her hands wrapped around his waist.

"of course, it fits you nice. You look cute like doll." Joe smiles. He wraps his hands around her hips.

"Aww, how nice of you to say. You deserve a thank you." she kisses him. They seem to forget the 11- year old standing a few yards away from them.

As I saw them being all lovey dovey, I started to get sad. Joe kissing her, Ashley smiling, and just being happy. I know I am only 11, but I want something like that.

Joe seems to notice me there, he pulls away from Ashley. I quickly look away and start to walk to my room.

"Hey, you okay?" Joe asks.

"Yeah I'm just gonna get ready."

He just gives a light smile. I go to my room to change into my outfit. I insisted my mom to buy me a jean skirt, and a jean vest to match it. It's not me but one of my new friends told me I will look pretty.

So I change, and put on my white sandals. I decided to puff my hair, I wanted some volume not curly but volume.

"Widow! Our guest is here!" I hear my mom yell. I quickly run downstairs and head for the backyard.