Chapter 18

Warning: senstive scenes.

Alright this is the night that changed Widow's life. This takes place on Widow's birthday party.
****

"David! Widow!" Mom gives the scary scream.

My dad and I were hanging in the backyard. We are decorating for my party today. I'm turning 11!

"What? What happened?" dad rushes in the kitchen. I follow behind.

"The cake is ruined!! Look what happen! Thanks to Widow's stupid ball!"

"Oh there it was. Sorry mom." I say.

"Ssh, ssh relax woman. I can just go to the bakery and buy one. You wont mind right?" dad says.

Mom baked my favorite cake, it is brownie cake filled with chocolate syrup and white cream on top. Its simple but delicious. Now it's lying dead on the kitchen tiled floor.

"Yeah I won't, thanks for the cake mom." I hug her.

"Oh my, you're welcome honey." she smiles.

"okay, well let me find the keys and buy the cake. Chocolate?" dad asks me.

I just nod.

"I'm going to clean this mess up. Do you want to do a favor?" mom asks.

"sure, oh we already set the tables and chairs up. We just need to set the balloons and decorations up."

"Okay, go and ask Olive if she has the food ready. She offered to make the hamburgers and fruit punch."

Oh yeah, Olivia and my mom are now like best friends. Almost every day mom heads to Olivia's house to chat and swap recipes.

I go running to Olivia's house. I knock and comes out Ashley.

"Oh hello little Widow," she says.

I am not little anymore lady. "hey, is Joe's mom here?"

She smiles and opens the door. I go running to the kitchen. There I see Joe helping out with the cooking. Olivia is mixing juices and cutting the fruit.

"Hello! Is the food ready?" I ask.

"Yes, we just need to pack everything up. Wanna help?" Olivia asks.

I just nod. Ashley hands me some gloves and tells me what to do.

"Ma, do you think this is enough? I can go to the store and make some more if you like," Joe says.

"No it's ok mijo. We actually did more than we needed, just in case," she assures him.

Joe and I have become friends too. He plays with me when he can, like on Saturdays when he has no work. He works at a engineering company or something like that.

"So Widow, you excited about the party?" Ashley asks.

I get a bag of potato chips and put in the paper bag.

"Yeah kinda. I made some friends at school, and invited others so I can know them better."

"That's good. So do you got a special present in mind?"

"Hmm, not really. But I hate dolls, I totally don't want that."

"Ha! Told you." Joe laughs.

I get the idea that Ashley bought me a barbie. I just chuckle.

We get everything ready; Joe packed the burgers in a box while Ashley fixed Olivia's hair.

"Alright wanna help? Get your presents and let's go," Joe says.

I am Widow जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें