Chapter 35

Momday February 7

All weekend I have been inside my room. Joe took the weekend off to take care of me. I have decided to go to school today. I have to face him someday so why not today? Besides what else do I have to lose?

I get some black jeans and put on a white t-shirt on. Joe forces me to put on a jacket since it's still cold. I get my big old black jacket on.

As we are getting closer, my stomach start to turn. "Pull over!" I yell. I begin to feel my breakfast traveling up to 50 mph to my mouth.

"What?!" Joe exclaims. We are in the middle of traffic and he can't pull over! Oh gosh!

I quickly open the door and Joe is still driving. I throw up while every passing car seeing my present.

"Eew! Widow!! Yuck!" Joe yells. He starts to slow down but he can't stop. I finally finish and close the door. I have a disgusting taste in my mouth and I feel car sick.

"Don't talk about this," I mumble. "Totally, that was embarrassing." Joe says.

We finally arrive to school, but thanks to that accident I am late.

"You sure you okay?" Joe asks. I say yes and head for class. Before I go anywhere I go to the restroom and wash my mouth. I go to White's and take a long breathe before I go in.

"And what the house means," Mr. White stops and looks at me, "Hello Widow, care to join us?"

I feel the whole class looking at me, except Jackson. I apologize for coming late and sit down. Mr. White starts explaining what today lesson is. I want to see Jackson but stop myself. I go ahead and get with the lesson.

The class ends but it seems forever. I had the curiosity of seeing Jackson, but I know I can't face him without crying. I walk alone to Mrs. Jefferson's but I see Paul waiting for me outside the class.

"Hey," he says. His face tells me everything, he knows what happen. I don't say anything and walk in. I see Rachel next to Jackson, her arm hugging his arm. She is talking to Susana and Jackson looking at me.

His eyes are blank, but his face looks so tired. Rachel turns around and sees me. She just shrugs and kisses him. I quickly walk to my desk and put my head down. I am trying not to yell or cry. How can he do that? He really doesn't love me like he said he did.

I feel a hand on my back, and I hear Paul's voice, "Come on, let's go the nurse."

I get up and see everyone looking at me. I hear some people ask if I am okay. Jackson is standing and looking at me. He actually looks worried and wants to help me.

"Go take her Paul, I already called the nurse she knows Widow is going," Mrs. Jefferson says. Paul gets my hand and walks me outside. "Hope you get better," Jackson whispers.

I want to say something but Paul drags me out of there.

"I don't feel sick, I don't wanna go." I say.

"I know, but that's is the only thing I can think of before you make a fool out of yourself. I told Jefferson you had the flu," Paul says. We go to the nurse, she checks my temperature and pressure.

"Okay well you don't seem to have the flu, have you eaten?" she asks. I say yes and she asks if I took any medicine. "Nope, but I'm okay. Can I leave?" I ask.

"well, if you say you are okay. Let me just give you something to drink, you like apple or orange juice?" Mrs. Rivers asks. "She likes apple, and Mrs. Rivers can I have my pill? I'm am feeling very anxious." Paul says.

Mrs. Rivers gives me a apple juice box and brings out a bag of pills. She takes out a container of white pills and gives one to Paul.

"Okay well, I am going to the office. Are you sure you don't want me to call your parent?"