The Doctor

A loud boom almost startles Doctor Jakurai from the material he's reading. He counts to three then sighs as the lights flicker and black out at the same time the smell of smoke kisses his nose. He pinches its bridge, a gesture he does whenever these incidents happen.

It must be another experiment from engineering department. It has been a common sight here in TDD-1210 that is filled with Scientists and Doctors from different races. Still, he wonders what they're attempting to do this time.

"...Doctors!! Are there any Doctors here?" Someone from the other side of their study area yells. Ah, there are casualties this time. With quick steps, Jakurai heads out of the room.

Announcing his profession, creatures guide him towards the engineering department's laboratory FP-001. There's a black smoke coming from the room and Jakurai's eyes roam around to check on which of the wounded needs immediate treatment. He immediately spots someone being carried out of the lab with a stretcher-- A Nimrodian, a rare pink-haired Nimrodian with a small stature, even more dwarfed by his oversized lab coat and pale skin stained with his purplish blood.

On closer inspection, he has his torso punctured and is suffering from multiple burns. Jakurai tries his best to stop the bleeding yet his pulse is dropping constantly. It's a pity to see this pretty creature die. But he has to let go of him.

Just when he's about to give up, he feels a tug on his coat. A small hand covered in cold purple blood puts something inside his pocket. He checks it only to see that it is a set of instructions and some notes scribbled in his own blood.

Their race is generally known for their lack of emotions and thirst for knowledge. They have extreme dedication for work and evaluated as machine-like creatures. Just like how their race is described, he is indeed a scientist obsessed with research.

Then he realizes that the Nimrodian still clings on him. He catches his hand as it falls and feels his fingers grip on his as if afraid of dying alone. The Doctor feels a tug inside his chest. So even this race deemed to be similar to robots can still feel fear and loneliness? Or is he the only one who can feel? How Interesting.

He fishes out a yellow colored pill from his other pocket. This drug is still in its experimental stage and he has absolutely no idea how the Nimrodian's body will react to it. Parting those almost white and soft lips, he slips the drug inside the scientist's mouth. And Jakurai leaves everything up to this small creature's will to live.

//

"Ahh!! There you are!" Small and nimble steps pair that high pitched yet sweet voice, Jakurai knew who would approach him at an almost convenient, seemingly coincidental time. He turns towards that odd scientist, smiling even though his expression should be stoic. "Jakurai, let's go out today!"

"Professor Ramuda--" Ramuda cutely pouts (how did he learn how to do that?) then hits him gently as a protest. Right, he hates Jakurai being too formal on him. "Ramuda-kun," he repeats, preventing those hands from attempting to murder him. "I'm sorry but I cannot join you as I have some appointments today."

"What appointments?" The grin that curves into those now pinkish lips tells Jakurai that this creature did something to free his schedule today. Checking on his virtual schedule manager, he noticed that all of his meetings have been moved. Did he hack into his account again? Jakurai already gets tired of reprimanding him about it.