Chapter Thirty-One: Sausage Fest

"Your hypothesis seems to be correct, Spider-Man

"Your hypothesis seems to be correct, Spider-Man." Reed said as he peered at a nearby computer screen. "Your friend is able to modify not only their own atomic and molecular properties through thought, but that of other objects in physical contact."

Peter sat in an office chair by the screen with a plate of sausages, scrambled eggs, and toast in his lap. In his hand was a bottle of water, because kids, drinking fluids and a hearty breakfast helps combat that nasty hangover. "I never thought she could influence other organic lifeforms. This is...pretty crazy." He said before folding his mask up over his mouth and filling it with delicious food.

Protonslaught awkwardly stood in the centre of the lab, electrodes and wires stuck to her body. "Uh...yeah. I knew that. Hey, I would've thought that you two would be on a first name basis."

Reed rubbed his chin, clearly going over the test results once more as he humoured his guest. "We are. Spider-Man is just a little...protective of his personal information."

"Oh. He doesn't trust me, is that what this is?" Protonslaught jabbed.

Peter, with a mouth full of eggs and sausage, mumbled, "That's exactly what this is."

Seemingly fed up with having to stand in one spot for the last ten minutes, Protonslaught ripped the electrodes off her body and waltzed over to Spidey, who was devouring his breakfast.

"Hey Mister Incredible, why don't you get your wife to cook me some of that?" Protonslaught snapped at Reed.

Mister Fantastic chuckled as he tapped away on the computer. Suddenly, Susan Richards emerged from behind a microscope with a blood sample from Protonslaught. "I don't do the cooking, sweetheart. Wouldn't taste very good if I did."

"Oh, stop that. I love your cooking." Reed insisted. As she came by, he gave her a peck on the cheek.

Protonslaught shuddered at the sight, much like how Sideshow Bob did whenever he stepped on those rakes.

"Anyway, Protonslaught, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your blood; no radiation, no cellular fluctuations." Sue explained. "Your powers aren't negatively affecting you in any way."

With a nod, staring longingly at Peter's plate of breakfast, Protonslaught sighed. "That's actually good to know."

Reed stretched his left arm across the room and pulled a thick textbook off his bookshelf, saying, "But, you'd be able to perform much more efficiently if you understood what exactly you could do. Physics 101." He retracted his stretchy arm and handed the gigantic book over to her.

"Ugh, you're giving me homework?"

"Captain America is giving you homework. He told me that he'd come after you personally if you don't get yourself under control." Reed warned.