Chapter Three: Crikey, Mate!

The Kangaroo was one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies

The Kangaroo was one of Spider-Man's deadliest enemies. Now stop laughing, it was very true. The last time Peter had heard of him, though, the villain had somehow gotten himself blown up...but hey, it turns out he survived. So, seeing as he wasn't blown up, The Kangaroo had been going around Midtown kicking down secure vault doors with his rippling thigh muscles and proceeding to loot whatever materials he could fit into his pouch. He had a pouch now. It was new.

Spidey stumbled upon the scene of a forced entry after hearing the alarms go off from a couple blocks away. With quite the astounding level of acrobatic finesse and ballerina-like grace, Peter spun through the air after releasing from his previous web swing and went barreling through the hole that had been kicked through the bank's front wall.

After a ludicrous double front flip, he landed in a low crouch in the bank's lobby. "Hey! I think the bank's closed now! So you should...probably come back later!" He called into the darkness.

"No...no...! For God's sake...I just got outta jail...!" A very obnoxiously Australian voice snarled from the distance. Seconds later, The Kangaroo came stomping out with a massive angry frown on his middle-aged face. "I'm gonna clock ya one, mate."

"Yeah, please don't. I'm chronomentrophobic."

There was silence as Peter stood with his hands planted proudly on his hips, staring expectantly at the Kangaroo who, quite frankly, seemed to be as confused as most people were when Peter started using words with more than four syllables.

Peter said "It's...it's a fear of clocks. Because...because you were gonna...you know. Clock me."

"Why does everyone around 'ere like you?"

"They don't." Spidey replied, pointing both fingers at The Kangaroo.

Peter snapped a hand forward and shot a web net outward at the Kangaroo, who due to his spectacular lower body strength, managed to bound into the air and evade the shot like...like a Kangaroo.

Suddenly, as Kangaroo came barrelling down with Spidey in his sights, who was witnessing his life flash before his very eyes in the wake of his foe's tremendous power, a car tire flew from out of sight and struck the Australian criminal in the forehead. He was pushed backward by the 'wheelie' effective strike. Peter watched in amazement as Kangaroo's landing turned into a crash landing, face scrunched in confusion.

"Was that...a tire?"

"Yeah. Someone just threw a tire at me." Kangaroo said in disbelief.

At the entrance to the bank, or more so the hole in the front of it, stood a woman with long blonde hair, wearing a black jumpsuit that was also black with black highlights. Her face was covered by a domino mask. In shorter terms, she looked like a Black Cat rip-off.