CHAPTER 12- FRIENDS AND FOES- Part 1

Monday morning in college.

Finally the day had arrived when Taani would step into her new life. Her diploma was starting today and the whole College was in a different mood. There were many new students roaming around in the campus. The hustle bustle among them was quite evident. Taani had given strict instructions to students to help these new students. But today Taani herself needed some help.

Taani was sitting in the canteen sipping her second cup of coffee. Although she was excited her nervousness was clearly visible. Soon the gang came in and saw Taani.

Sharon- hey good morning.

Taani who was in a different world did not hear her.

Sharon- Taaniiii…

Taani(coming out of her trance)- Haan, hi aap log kab aaye.

Sharon- tabhi jab tum shayad ceiling se baatein kar Rahi thi.

Swayam- kya hua kya soch Rahi thi.

Taani- kuch nahi bas aise hi.

Rinni- hey by the way all the best aaj se tumhare classes start ho Rahe hai na.

The gang wished her simultaneously.

Taani- thanks. Waise Sharon how is Kriya?

Sharon- better shayad kal se college aa jaye.

Taani- alright

Sharon- waise tum thodi tensed ho kya baat hai.

Taani- nahi tensed nahi...but Haan thodi nervous hoon...aaj first day hai na...so

Swayam- don't worry sab thik hi hoga. Normal classes hi to hai.

Before there could be anymore conversation the bell rang.

Taani- guys bell baj gayi. I need to go..aaj first day hai so aaj saare students ka ek saath orientation hai in the auditorium.. 

Sharon- oh alright bye.

She was about to leave when…

Rey(putting his palm on his face)- Taani

Taani turned to him and was a little confused seeing him covering his face.

Taani- yes?...waise aap aapna chehra Kyun hide kar rahe hai.

Rey- aree bhul gayi tumne hi to kaha tha that mera chehra dekhte hi tumhe gussa aata hai so isliye chupa Raha hoon.

This reminded Taani of their conversation the other day. However she shrugged the thought aside.

Taani (sternly)- aapko kuch kehna tha. I am getting late.

Rey(now removing his hand)- Haan tha to…(moving forward to her while the gang looked on) Taani tumne ye path aapne liye choose Kiya hai. And clearly you excel in it to nervous hone ki koi baat hi nahi. Go do it with all your conviction. Aapne Dil se karo. Darr aapne aap Durr chala jayega.

Taani(touched by his words but still not wanting to be weak)- well thanks but mujhe aapki advice nahi chahiye Reyansh…

She turns and leaves saying this. Rey very well noticed that she still called her Reyansh. He was hurt that Taani was again back with that cold attitude towards him. After that night he at least thought Taani would not behave like  that anymore. But now he knew that was just momentary. 

Sharon ( raising her eyebrows)- ye kya tha?

Rey- nothing nothing at all…

Taani was running in the corridor towards the auditorium. She had stayed back to talk to Rey in the canteen and did not want to be late for her first day into her new life. She could easily walk but running made her feel the haste. She had almost reached the auditorium when...BAMM!!